All reviews room was clean outdoor pool new carpet tim hortons close to the airport continental breakfast coffee maker park and fly flat screen tv king bed fridge and microwave would stay here again great place to stay hojo furnishings maine acadia
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This is a well kept property, very clean, but dated decor. The beds were comfortable and it felt as though there was a lot of space for our luggage.The location was easy to navigate from, with a 5-10 minute drive into downtown.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

To start off positively, this Howard Johnson is in a great location. Its by several gas stations, fast-food, dinning options and the air port. Its also 5 minutes away from Stephen King’s House (which is worth the look.) Bangor itself is a pretty surprising place to stay because its full of surprises and fun things to do. Unfortunately, I have to rate the hotel itself and not just the location.

First off, the place smelled very strange. Our room smelled fine, but the hallway had this weird sweet, perfume smell (maybe coving up something? I don’t know.) It seemed to be that each door you went through offered you a slightly different smell to experience. I hate to say this, but the front desk area smelt the worse: it smelled like old lady, but the strange part was, all the people I saw at the front desk were NOT old ladies!! I’m baffled by why it smelled like that...

Another thing, when we went, the restaurant was not open...and no one told us. It was still being advertising that their restaurant was still fully functional. Not a big deal, but when you’re driving all day, you *really* don’t want to get back in the car to find someplace to eat (downtown Bangor has some great options!)

Lastly, just some small things that were weird to me: because its close to the airport, you heard air planes. I mean, you REALLY heard them. I thought a few were going to come landing in our room they were so close! A little startling. Another small thing is that our door was very hard to open. I would push down the handle and it would not open, I would do it again, and it *would* open, no problem. And lastly, the side door that says that you need to open this with your room key is a complete joke. You can just open the door WITHOUT a room key. Meaning, anyone can walk into the hotel at any hour. Safe...

Overall, this Howard Johnson does its just and that’s just about it.

(also, to anyone else who stayed there, they have these weird pictures on the walls: they are black and orange and they either look like a building or a flower super zoomed in? If anyone knows what its suppose to be, I would love to know. I’ve been trying to figure it out for three days now <3)

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location convenient to highway and downtown. Furnishings-including mattress, fridge and microwave, heating and cooling system, carpeting and decor appear recently updated.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Non-smoking room was definitely used as a smoking room - it had the horrible odor of stale cigarettes being covered up by air freshener. Beds looked like they were used. Bathroom clean. Had a microwave and fridge.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

The room was really nice--a desk, a table, mini-fridge, microwave, and coffee/tea maker. It was clean and pleasant, and the staff was so personable, friendly, and helpful, from the folks at the desk to housekeeping. I was so tired when I arrived, and it was nice to have a place to relax and recuperate.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo