“Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Brooks, Maine
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I had the best experience at the White House Inn again, I wouldnt even consider staying anywhere else in the Bangor area for the hospitality I get when going to this Hotel. Im recognized by the name of the reservation and greeted with helpful and kind words. The staff is always wiling to help with whatever the need may be. My room again was very clean with an extra blanket in the closet for those cold Maine nights. Dysarts, which is just in front of the Hotel delivers a great, healthy proportion of a close to home cooked meal. I have say that for the rate of the room and the great breakfast in the morning, you just cant beat it!

Room Tip: I understand they have suites for the special occasion, and the smoker can still smoke here, and the...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are so glad to hear that you will be back. Our staff works hard to provide clean rooms and superior customer service and love to hear when we have succeeded. Hope you have a great spring and we look forward to welcoming you home on your next visit.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

We recently spent a night at this hotel because if you are from Halifax, it is where you are told to stay. I will not do it again. The online booking system oversold me a room with 3 beds when I was a parent travelling with 3 teenagers - 2 doubles was all I needed. When we arrived at 9 pm, the clerk was on the verge of openly hostile. The rooms are old and while clean, there is a smell which one teenager (accurately) described as "hospital". The breakfast in the morning was not great - cold eggs, scary looking hash, no fruit, no yogourt. This may seem overly negative, and I will say that the morning staff seemed much more pleasant, but the experience the night before really just put me off. I wont be back. There are places closer to the Bangor mall I can try.

Room Tip: Call dont try the online booking
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fatima1958
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you were not happy with the room you chose online. As we were full on the date of your stay, this may have been the only room with two or more beds available the night of your stay to accomodate your party. This is a very popular room with families such as yours as it is a large room with the three queen size beds.

The rooms were all recently updated in April 2011. The hospital smell was probably the smell of the Mr. Clean pine cleaner that is used to clean the rooms. It does give the rooms that freshly cleaned smell. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast we serve in the morning. It is a rotating breakfast so that we have different items each day for our guests who stay more than one day. Yogurt is offered every day along with apples, oranges and strawberries for the make your own waffles. You must of been here on the day we offer corned beef hash which is very popular with our guests. I am not sure if you tried it or not but it is very good if you enjoy corned beef hash.

I hope you had the chance to enjoy the large indoor hot tub and the 24 hour exercise room. Our outdoor heated pool will be opening up in a couple of months and I hope you can come back and enjoy it on a future stay.
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

Every time we come to Maine, we always stay at the Best Western White House. The hotel is very clean, quiet and the staff is super friendly. They always go above and beyond to make sure that our stay is enjoyable. They have an extensive breakfast selection in the mornings, fresh brewed coffee available 24/7 & the daily fresh baked cookies located at the front desk are delicious! The hotel is conveniently located off 95 and even better....they are located next to Dysarts, who has the best homemade food. They will even deliver right to your room. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Heather S
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for being a frequent guest of ours. We are so glad that you always enjoy your stay with us. The cookies are wonderful at check in and they are made by the restaurant you mentioned. I am glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

I recently stayed at the property for a business meeting. The hotel exceeded my expectations in every aspect. The staff was warm and welcoming, the complimentary breakfast offered a wide array of items and was exceptional. The room was one of their luxury untis that was superior to many that I have experienced in 4 diamond hotels. The quality of appointments, the amenties and overall value was truly exceptional. The room was immaculate and the common areas also extremely clean. I would recommend this property to business travelers as well as families. The location is an easy on/off from the interstate and very close to the airport, the university and downtown.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank hospitality04609
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and the complimentary hot breakfast we provide. I will share your comments with our staff. The love to hear when their hard work is noticed and appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.
Augusta, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Older hotel but clean, well maintained, comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. Continental in the morning was standard but was surprised to see baked beans as an option. Not something that I usually have for breakfast but not bad. I thought the highway noise would keep me up but I really did not hear it.
I would stay again the price was right.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed our property. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. We look forward to your next visit.