“Yummy but money.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Montes International Catering and Gourmet Cafe'
Description: International and ethnic cuisine
Description: International and ethnic cuisine
Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I had a chicken quesadilla. Very messy and tasty. Good experience. Staff was nice, food was good, a little expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

We just finally discovered Montes Cafe on Columbia St in Bangor...after they have been in operation for 15 years....they do catering as well. We went for breakfast this week and it was wonderful...I believe the homemade hollandaise sauce is some of the best we have ever tasted. Delicious food, great service, friendly helpful staff assist the husband and wife team of excellent restauranteurs .....we cant wait to try lunch there soon. Not sure why we never found them before, a real hidden gem in Bangor.
Unfortunately they are closing Aug 31, 2012. But the good news is Arturo will continue to be the executive chef at the Bluenose Inn in Bar Harbor as well as the Black Bear Inn in Orono.
Carmen will be managing a new café coming to Bangor (yet to be named). Located in a portion of the old Millers Restaurant building on main st. The café will feature breakfast and lunch.
We can not wait to visit them at their new location, but we will be making a number of visits to Columbia street location before they close.

4  Thank Brad G
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Breakfast here is wonderful! Great choices and the Montes touch is evident in everything you order.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Came here to try it out after reading all the reviews, and it lived up beyond my expectations. Loved the Quinoa breakfast, and my wife loved their Crab eggs benedict. Will come back again and again when we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Everything I've had, the tenderloin salad, curry chicken salad, dessert and tea.. everything is delicious. Friendly staff and awesome menu. I can't wait to have a catered party, they will be my first choice!!