1,009 results
All reviews room was clean value for the money park and fly waffles would stay again close to the airport front desk staff stayed one night motel super8 cereal shopping highway fi chain acadia maine
Reviewed 27 September 2018

I booked a room online for the end of September. My screen froze and I hit refresh.In doing that it changed the date on the reservation to the same day of the booking which was September 21.Nothing had changed on the screen and I knew I had confirmed the date several times while booking. When I got a survey I went back to check the confirmation and saw it was for 9/21. I immediately called the hotel. They instantly advised me that I did not show up. I confirmed that was an error and explained the situation. I was supposed to get a call back from the manager and did not. I called several times again requesting to speak to the manager. The last time I called they stated they could not assist me with the price of the reservation from 9/21 but they could give me $30.00 off my new reservation. I know this is an honest error on my part but I feel they could have worked with me a bit to make a happy future customer.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We were able to walk in and use a coupon from booklet you find in highway rest areas. The clerk was very pleasant about checking us in. We had a comfortable, clean room and the breakfast included hard boiled eggs and bananas, plus the usual. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Rooms have been updated and are spacious with a fridge, a large flat screen TV and a good number of a/c outlets. Beds are comfortable but on the soft side. Good WiFi but unsecured. No restaurant within walking distance but there are several restaurants (Chinese, Italian...) that deliver to the area. The free breakfast is basic but adequate (hard boiled eggs, cereals, oat meals...). Its location is quiet but still close to the airport which is about 4 miles away. The hotel offers a free ride to the airport via regular taxis. If you choose to do so, don't forget to ask for the taxi voucher at the front desk.

Room tip: Rooms in the back (that do not face the Hotel across the street) are quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2018

Nice Hotel. Convenient location. Breakfast was offered and was very nice. Room was spacious and showers and Bed were Great

Bangor is lovely, Hotel is a few minutes drive from Town.

would highly recommend

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018

My second time in three years staying at this Super 8 location, and I wasn't disappointed. Considering that I was able to book a room for just over $70/night during August 2018, I felt that this location & its employees conveyed good value.

First off, the furniture within the room is so-so. Its slightly dated, yet okay. I slept fantastic here, and the bathroom + sink area (sink is on the outside of the bathroom) was clean. Although my room was on the first floor once again, I didn't feel as if the walls were paper-thin, yet folks tend to be loud in the hallways. The front desk staff really didn't do much to control it. Oh well. Breakfast was the standard carbs & coffee. A bit "meh", yet if you want great coffee, there is a Dunkin Doughnuts less than one mile away.

One hidden value of this property may be in its parking situation. While there is a parking lot on the side of the building that faces the Travelodge next door, there is an even larger parking lot on the other side of the building that faces nothing but a large shed structure, and green field. Absolutely fantastic for privacy reasons, let alone for security purposes. For a traveler, this is a big, big, deal!

Keep in mind that while this Super 8 is in Bangor, the actually downtown metro area is about 10 minutes northbound. This of course means that you'll find greater opportunities for sit-down restaurants and shopping as opposed to fast food, which seems to be the norm within this area.

Date of stay: August 2018