“Low cost basic motel”

Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Bangor
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Low cost basic motel”
Reviewed 17 March 2012 via mobile

We stayed here during the height of the season for a mot reasonable cost. Basic room, average breakfat but great for an ovrnight.

A short jaunt down the road to Dysart's Truck stop and some wonderful homestyle cooking.

Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Hobomonty
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Maine
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Have stayed here numerous times over the years and have even blocked rooms for family reunions. The rooms are more spacious than similar class properties and are always clean. The one negative is that some rooms have few outlets which can cause problems to plug in several laptops. It might be good to bring an adaptor and small extension cord in case it is needed. The internet access in the room was excellent. The staff is always ready to address any concerns I have brought to their attention. The breakfast is standard and plentiful. This hotel caters to many Canadian shoppers. There were three buseloads of college hockey players for a tournament in the area staying here during my last visit. I never heard noise in my room even when the hotel was nearly full. I plan to stay here for years to come.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
CT
Reviewed 26 February 2012

First off we are smokers and have stayed here a few times. This morning when I went to get coffee I saw a towel in front of the door. I was told the towel was there because smoke from our room had been getting in the lobby and they had received negative reviews in the past due to the smell. I understand their point but if is such an issue they shouldn't have smoking rooms near the lobby.
The worst part was my husbands Kindle went missing. I addressed this with the staff and felt spoken down to. We travel regularly and have never had this happen before. I truly doubt this issue will be resolved.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank ladydee1967
Craftsbury Common, Vermont
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed here 2 nights while visiting our son at College. For the price, it was very reasonable and clean. Yes, it was a little dated, worn carpet and blue bathroom fixtures but for the price, it was a good deal. The desk clerk was very nice and helpful. I had called earlier and spoke to the owner I think though and she has a very strong Indian accent, can be a little difficult to understand on the phone. Except for the smoky hallway to get to our non-smoking room, we enjoyed our stay. The room had a slight musty smell near the window (which has some rot on the bottom), but not that bad after in the room a few minutes. The continental breakfast was basic, but roomy and clean. They had mini-bagels, cereals, coffee, oatmeal, 2 choices of bread for toast, donuts, pastries, fruit cocktail and english muffins. I've stayed at the Ramada before and although it was more updated, was much more expensive and not as clean, same with Econolodge. Bathroom was a little small, but still bigger than Econolodge's bathroom. I would stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed 1 night pre-flight and for the price, you really can't beat it. Free shuttle, free continental breakfast and $2/day to park. The Motel is old but for 1 night, it was fine, linen was clean and room was ok.

Room Tip: Great location for park&fly