“One Of The Best Mexican Restaurants In The Area”
Review of El Chico

El Chico
Ranked #93 of 142 Restaurants in West Monroe
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I have always been a fan of El Chico. True, some Mexican restaurants are better but not many.

I find El Chico food of high quality, and their recipes appeal both to the eye and the palate. The menu is simply better and more creative than most.

Recently I returned again and discovered some new menu items. I selected for the entre something I believe was called Cinco Enchiladas---five medium size enchiladas with different fillings. My wife had two puffy beef tacos. Both were very good and showed that spark of creativity for which El Chico is known. The total for our meal was less than $30.00.

In addition, we had a great waiter who was efficient and who interacted well with his customers.

It was an enjoyable evening. We will be back.

J. Randolph Smith
Monroe, LA

Reviewed 31 August 2015

El Chico is inexpensive and convenient to the hotels along Blanchard and Constitution. This won't be the best Mexican you've had in your life, but I'm writing this because I am so impressed with how good my most recent meal there was. I read they might be under new management. If so, great job. The food and service were both really good.

Reviewed 17 July 2015 via mobile

I was ready to relax and enjoy a drink, which I did. But why do couples insist on bringing their brat kids into a bar area and let them run around under the tables and not say anything to them. I thought the bar area was for adults who consume liquor. I've had my kids and never exposed them to the bar area, we would sit as a family in the dinning room. What a different generation we have today. Aside from that, the food was excellent and the margaritas, well they were so good I will have another and give my opinion (awesome). April the bartender was very pleasant and carried on some conversation with everyone, which caused me to overlook the kids, but them a loud scream would cone out of them and the entire bar would just stare at eat other. The rating is definitely not towards the restaurant it was just the kid noise level, I will return but look before I enter the bar to make sure I'm completely opposite of any kids.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Ok, not the best mexican restaurant that I've been to. It was a lIttle over priced. Service was great, accommodating and courteous.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

This El Chico is one of many I have eaten in during my adulthood. Every one has had consistently great food at a great price! Their enchiladas are my very favorite because they have a great chili gravy on top, not just a plain enchilada sauce like so many others I have eaten. Their rice is moist with bits of green pepper, parsley and other finely chopped vegetables mixed in and tastes wonderful. The beans are very flavorful as well. The salsa is the best I have ever eaten. Not too hot, but spicy enough. The chips are always hot and crispy. What can I say but the food is the best! The restaurant was clean and inviting and the waiter was very attentive and friendly.