“Great Saturday night dinner!”
Review of Avocado's

Avocado's
Ranked #22 of 145 Restaurants in West Monroe
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent service on Saturday night. Fresh chips &
Salsa. Great prices for dinner-lots under $10 per person.
I had the taco salad-lots of fresh avocado slices in a crisp
Shell-beans on the side. Frozen Margarita was large $6-very good.
Our new favorite place!

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

Definitely Don't celebrate a birthday here! The waitress, put whip cream all over a napkin, and smashed it in our birthday persons face! She was HIT HARD and whip cream went all up her nose:(! We had no idea this would happen and didn't know anyone of the employees.…

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Upon first glance I thought this place was very small and would be very crowded. Once inside I was surprised at how spacious this restaurant is. The service was very good and our meal was very tasty. I definitely will be going back to give them another try.

Reviewed 11 June 2017

I never like to review a restaurant after just one visit but to go several times to see if they are consistent. My wife and i have eaten here at least 15 times and the food has always been good to excellent. Service has always been good even when they have been busy. On two occasions they put cheese on an order after being told no cheese but corrected it immediately. We have eaten mexican food all over the US and Mexico and I would rate it as one of the best in North Louisiana. The food always taste's fresh and is well cooked.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

First, although I live near Houston and am spoiled by having access to fantastic Mexican food, I keep an open mind when visiting restaurants in other states. However, do not mistake Avocados for quality Mexican food. I do not recommend that anyone eat here until the management makes some changes. There are too many other places where you can spend your money.

We ordered the chicken fajita quesadilla and a make-your-own combo with three enchiladas and a taco. The waitress asked if my husband wanted cheese sauce or chili sauce on top. He chose the cheese. When our food arrived, the enchiladas clearly had chili sauce on them. It took us about three minutes to flag down our waitress. We asked to make sure we weren't just seeing an unusually red cheese sauce. The waitress offered to take the food back, but my hubby (knowing they would throw out the food totally and just waste money) said, "No, I can scrape it off, but could you just bring me some cheese sauce on the side?" The waitress replied that she would (and she did bring us a one ounce container soon after). It was enough to cover ONE enchilada. No apology. It was almost like a bother to her, when we were trying to save them some food costs.

As far as my quesadilla, it was one tortilla folded in half with tons of chicken and very little cheese. I asked for no peppers or tomatoes, and that was done correctly. However, I'm not sure how you can have a QUESAdilla with almost no cheese. I was also disappointed in the size overall compared to other restaurants.

When our waitress brought the bill, we were charged $1.75 for the extra one-ounce cheese sauce. What? Again, it took a few minutes to flag down our waitress (even though the restaurant was nowhere near packed). When we asked about the extra charge, the waitress quickly got defensive and said cheese sauce is always an extra charge. Didn't see that charge listed anywhere on the menu, and it would have been courteous for her to mention it when we ordered if that was the case, but they messed up our order and still charged us an exorbitant amount for the amount of cheese we received. She made a little bit of a deal when we asked to see the manager, who magically took off the charge for the waitress. No apologies ever for getting our order incorrect. It was as if we were the ones who made the mistake, not them.

The entire time we were there (only about 45 minutes thankfully), our waitress acted preoccupied, except when it was time for the bill. She brought it before we were finished eating, with no invitation to try some dessert. Nope. It was as if she needed our table, which by the way, was extremely uncomfortable with its hard bench and straight back. After we got the errant charge sorted out, our waitress checked TWICE to see if our bill had been paid yet before we were ready to go. Maybe it was her first night and she hasn't gotten her timing down, but the staff could benefit from "people skills" training.

2  Thank Mindysue11

Been to Avocado's? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK