“Great Property and Friendly Staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Louisville, Ky
“Great Property and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My cousin and I came down from Louisville, Ky. for the final 4 in New Orleans. All the hotels in N.O. were booked but we found this one. The property is excellent, rooms are large and very comfortable. We had a king suite and we had more than enough room for 3 since my son drove down from Grambling were he attends college and stayed with us. Anthony Smith works the front desk and he really took care of us. We got there about 5 hours before check-in so he told us to go over to the breakfast area and eat and he would see what he could do. By the time we finished breakfast, which is wonderful, he had our room ready. It is an easy drive into N.O. only about 30-40 minutes but doesn't really seem that long. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. Again the breakfast is delicious; biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh cut fruit. I ate my breakfast next to the pool and it was very relaxing. Thanks again to all the Staff at Homewood Suites Slidell for a wonderful experience especially Anthony.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BusterB2007
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 27 April 2013
Thank you for taking time to submit a review for the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your choice in staying here while in the Slidell area.
The staff understands the importance of great customer service, and I’m thrilled you enjoyed your stay here. The hotel offers fantastic complimentary amenities including the Suite Start Breakfast daily, Welcome Home Reception Monday – Thursday, Business Center, Fitness Center and more!
I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Pablo Melendez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here for six nights while touring the New Orleans area. Little hard to find, but a quiet location with easy access to the expressway. The rooms were very neat and clean and the breakfasts and managers reception were very good. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. They were always on hand to greet you and visit with you. When leaving the manager even gave us suggestions for what to see at our next stop. It's located about 30 miles from the French Quarter, but is a very comfortable drive into the city. Great place to stay and relax.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 628KathleenH
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
I hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in the area.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed in the suites for the month of February with my Parents whilst my Dad was working in the area. The Hotel was great, the staff were very friendly towards me and all the staff and other guests greeted me by name every day. The food in the mornings and evenings was also great. The staff were very accommodating bringing me a highchair and cot to our room, and i was also spoit with a few gifts from the manager. The rooms were top notch with air conditioning and a decent kitchen. The laundry was also very useful for my bibs and other washing. We tried the hot pool one night which was great too. Im hoping to come back again if im allowed. Henry (13 months).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank HenryJamesJohnson
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thanks so much for submitting a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! And I must say I'm quite impressed with your typing skills at 13 months!! The entire team enjoyed you and your parents staying with us for 1 month! And I know your mom enjoyed taking you for buggy rides to Wal-Mart!
Please let us know if you are ever back in the area, and we wish you and your parents the best!!
Houston
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I came to Slidell for my best friend's wedding in October 2011. This hotel was clean, with well equipped rooms, and hospitable staff. There was a bit of a mix up with my reservation through Hotels.com (I was being charged twice due to an error by the person who checked me in), but the hotel manager was able to fix it all prior to my departure. The breakfast is a typical hotel continental breakfast. The pool seemed nice enough, though we were so busy with the wedding that we didn't get to try it. The hotel gym was well equipped, which was a nice surprise. It's a nice hotel, albeit lacking in luxury, and definitely a good price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IAH88
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your time. I'm glad to know that the Manager was able to assist you with the reservation mix up. And, thank you for the nice comments about the Fitness Center. Many guests enjoy the Fitness Center and enjoy the other amenities as well.
We hope to see you again in the future,
Slidell
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is my favorite hotel at any price anywhere.

Any proprietor can buy glitzy furnishings etc. but you can't fake hospitality.

Huey and the others make everybody feel like family in addition to having the cleanliness, the lux ambience and the food nailed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron S
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thanks for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your time and fantastic comments about the property. The staff believes that hospitality is key, and I'm grateful to know each team member is reaching out!
Thank you again, and we look forward to you making yourself at home again!