“A Great Stay For A Month”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Slidell
Derby, United Kingdom
“A Great Stay For A Month”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed in the suites for the month of February with my Parents whilst my Dad was working in the area. The Hotel was great, the staff were very friendly towards me and all the staff and other guests greeted me by name every day. The food in the mornings and evenings was also great. The staff were very accommodating bringing me a highchair and cot to our room, and i was also spoit with a few gifts from the manager. The rooms were top notch with air conditioning and a decent kitchen. The laundry was also very useful for my bibs and other washing. We tried the hot pool one night which was great too. Im hoping to come back again if im allowed. Henry (13 months).

1 Thank HenryJamesJohnson
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thanks so much for submitting a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! And I must say I'm quite impressed with your typing skills at 13 months!! The entire team enjoyed you and your parents staying with us for 1 month! And I know your mom enjoyed taking you for buggy rides to Wal-Mart!
Please let us know if you are ever back in the area, and we wish you and your parents the best!!
Pablo Melendez
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Houston
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I came to Slidell for my best friend's wedding in October 2011. This hotel was clean, with well equipped rooms, and hospitable staff. There was a bit of a mix up with my reservation through Hotels.com (I was being charged twice due to an error by the person who checked me in), but the hotel manager was able to fix it all prior to my departure. The breakfast is a typical hotel continental breakfast. The pool seemed nice enough, though we were so busy with the wedding that we didn't get to try it. The hotel gym was well equipped, which was a nice surprise. It's a nice hotel, albeit lacking in luxury, and definitely a good price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IAH88
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your time. I'm glad to know that the Manager was able to assist you with the reservation mix up. And, thank you for the nice comments about the Fitness Center. Many guests enjoy the Fitness Center and enjoy the other amenities as well.
We hope to see you again in the future,
Slidell
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is my favorite hotel at any price anywhere.

Any proprietor can buy glitzy furnishings etc. but you can't fake hospitality.

Huey and the others make everybody feel like family in addition to having the cleanliness, the lux ambience and the food nailed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron S
Homewood2010, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thanks for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. I appreciate your time and fantastic comments about the property. The staff believes that hospitality is key, and I'm grateful to know each team member is reaching out!
Thank you again, and we look forward to you making yourself at home again!
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was on of our best hotel experiences in this area. We were going to New Orleans for Mardi gras, and chose to stay in Slidell to be close to the swamp tours as well as to avoid over priced and over crowded areas in New Orleans. We were EXTREMELY pleased with the hotel. It was immaculately cleaned, the rooms are HUGE, we had the two queen beds w a sleeper sofa, but were able to put an air mattress in the room w the beds and still had plenty of walking room. The breakfast was great. The choices change daily, the "light dinner" was enough to fill up my growing teenagers!! The pool was actually clean and useable, although it was winter. We were also able to utilize the other amenities, from the fire pit used to roast marshmallows, to the free washer and dryer. The absolute best part, was the staff. They were all so very friendly, but my family of 6 agree that Charley was the best!! She knew us by our names from the moment we checked in, she was very informative, always had a smile and just went the extra mile. As a business owner customer service is very important to me, and the staff at this hotel were tops!! The price was soo reasonable, and then you add the awesome service, this will definitely be our regular hotel when we visit the area!!

2 Thank toiy28
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell! I appreciate your time. Mardi Gras is a great time in the area, and I'm thrilled you and your fellow travelers stayed with us! There are so many benefits of staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell, and it's good to know the teenagers were full after the complimentary meals!
Please come visit us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 February 2012

It was the last results for a place to stay in Louisiana during Madi Gras weekend 2012. Our Hotel reservation for Comfort Inn was given away and all surrounding Hotels were booked. I made one last stop to check for availability before driving all the way back to Houston Texas in the middle the night. That stop was at the Homewood Suites and they also had no vacancy, but a nice and friendly employee went above and beyond to help my family find a place to stay so we could enjoy the Madi Gras. Mrs. MryaTuner had Spectacular Customer Service and she found us a room at one of their other locations. The Hampton was also a nice place to stay for the weekend and they too had Great Customer Service and nice rooms. I just want to say Thank You to both locations I appreciate your service!!! :)

1 Thank dedejone1234
Thank you for taking time to submit a review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell. Even though the hotel was sold out for Mardi Gras, I'm pleased to know Myra Turner (Assistant General Manager) assisted you and your guests. I feel it is important to help each and every traveler even if they are not staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Slidell.
Please let us know if you plan to travel back to the Slidell area!