“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #32 of 37 Hotels in Shreveport
Euless, Texas
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This hotel is definitely a great value for the money. I think our only major complaint (that the hotel can't help) is that the area stinks a bit outside. This was an excellent hotel to stop at on a long road trip. Breakfast was fine- it was definitely nice to have, and they didn't skimp on the fresh fruit. All in all, a solid hotel!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
EricKiddle, General Manager at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
I would like to personally thank you for the wonderful comments recently posted on TripAdvisor reagarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. It is our goal to make you feel at home and not just meet your needs, but to exceed them. I am pleased that the staff was able to do this and will share your comments with them. As for the odor outside the hotel, that you noted in your review, I want to reassure you that bad odors around the hotel are not an occurence that happens at the hotel or in the area, and have not had guests comment about this issue in the past. I truly hope this will not keep you from staying at our hotel in the future. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Leesville, LA
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Had a great drive to SHV and was ready to check in and relax....took 35 minutes to get to a single clerk with no help. Truck driver in line behind me states he stays here once a week because his company pays for this hotel and it is ALWAYS this way. The "manager on duty" wasn't even there! Bartender indicated they had changed management and were undergoing growing pains, but can assure you I won't return. My guaranteed atrium room through their website wound up being a roof view of the porte-cochère!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
DeltaGallo, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your remarks regarding your recent stay with Holiday Inn Shreveport West. I am certainly sorry we failed to meet your expectations. We are an older hotel but pride ourselves in room cleanliness and excellent guest service, from our front desk to our housekeeping department, as you can see in pervious TripAdvisor postings . If you are ever in the Shreveport Bossier City area, we hope you will give us another try, so that we may prove to you that we are a great hotel that our guests love! I am sure you will be happy you did.

Travellers are raving about these Shreveport hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel has all you need from a hot tub to having a cocktail in the lounge. I enjoyed my stay there and the staff was always helpful and very friendly. The hotel had a nice touch of extra priority points and a basket of snacks for your room daily.
Keep up the great service.
Thanks to your staff for making my stay pleaureable!

Room Tip: This hotel has nice perks for priority club members
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West. We are always very happy when a guest comments about the wonderful service they have received. Your comments were shared with our hotel staff, so they may know what a great job they are doing, and also to ensure they are recognized for their efforts.Thank you again for your kind words. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is not a Holiday Inn Express so it is not new by any means, it has a neat layout but not the cleanest place I have ever been. I travel for business about 75% of the year and have stayed here several times. It has a convenient restaurant that is ok, and a small bar inside to grab a quick drink. The front desk clerks are VERY unprofessional! I gave them a credit card for booking and proceeded to pay cash at check in for the complete room balance, well the room came out $25 more than what I expected and when I questioned her she said "It be a deposit since you be payin cash!" I explained that I have a credit card on file and I have Platinum level status, she rolled her eyes and I called the manager over, she removed the "deposit" after she told me "Why you gotta be so dang difficult?" I was not happy and feel that she was trying to steal from me, she never informed me that she was charging a deposit and that I would have to come collect the money at check out, she might have kept it who knows, but I had the manager check to make sure I was not charged a deposit on my previous stays and their was no mention of a deposit anywhere. The rooms were not bad, and the swimming pool would be a dream for any kid since it starts inside and goes outside, my son would probably never come out if he got to come with me.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Keithgilwilson
DeltaGallo, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
Thank you for posting your response regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Shreveport West on TripAdvisor. The Holiday Inn Shreveport West is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your willingness to share your positive as well as your negative experience during your stay is genuinely appreciated. We would like the opportunity to welcome you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect from Holiday Inn Hospitality hotels. We look forward to your return visit
New Orleans, LA
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Stayed on business trip, so unsure of price.
Staff did not change a/c settings after I left a note (working outside in 110 degree heat, then returning to 60 degree room is not comfortable).
Coffee maker in room. Coffee ok. Had cable, but didn't watch tv.
wifi supposedly available, but couldn't connect to internet with phone when using. Also poor phone reception in entire hotel, though probbly due to location.

• Stayed August 2011
DeltaGallo, Sales Coordinator at Ramada Shreveport Airport, responded to this review, 25 August 2011
Thank you for taking a moment to review our hotel. I am glad to hear that you rated our hotel very high in cleaniliness, as our housekeeping staff and hotel managers take our guests satisfaction very seriously when it comes to a relaxing and enjoyable guestroom. We are sorry to hear that your cell phone reception was not as desired. We look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever in Shreveport again!