“Bounty of Baked Goods”

Rollin' In The Dough
Ranked #13 of 565 Restaurants in Shreveport
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This is an excellent bakery and café! We have been to numerous good bakeries, and this one in Shreveport is right up there with the best. It is so good that during our stay in the Port City, our family went there twice. On our first visit, we arrived shortly after they opened. We had heard about their famous cinnamon rolls thus we wanted to sample them along with some other baked goods. The rolls lived up to its reputation. Our two boys both enjoyed their chocolate Macadamia Nuts cookies, while our oldest also had a delicious caramel turtle brownie. For my mid-morning sweet snack, I had their tea cake. It should be noted that their tea cake was the best I have ever had.
We decided dinner at Rollin' In The Dough was in order. All of us had their hamburgers on the bakery’s fresh buns. Please be patient as it takes a while for your meal to be prepared. As the bakery states, it is not fast food, but good food!

1  Thank MagyarNC

Reviewed 25 November 2008

This is one of my favorites...the beef tenderloin salad is the BEST salad I've ever tasted. A bit expensive but worth the treat! Burgers are stellar, served on homemade bread and the fries are seasoned and crispy. Don't go if you're in a hurry for lunch because burgers take at least 20 minutes to cook--again, worth the wait!

1  Thank parkcar
Reviewed 15 June 2008

I have been staying in Shreveport for business as I am on a film set. I stopped by this cute place for lunch and loved it! If you are in the mood for a good burger, check out Rollin' In The Dough!! It is a wonderful place to have lunch or pick up a order to go. Try the lemon bars as well! I could get really heavy if I ate here every day!! What a great place to have in the neighborhood!!

1  Thank santonitrio
Reviewed 19 January 2008

Although they have stopped making their famous birthday cakes, they make up for it entirely with their new menu items. Don't worry. They still serve their smaller baked goods (cookies, snack-size cakes, &brownies). On top of their great burgers and excellent fish, they now serve soups, salads, and po-boys! I didn't think they could get any better, but they proved me wrong. The po-boys are phenominal, and they have soup and salad or soup and sandwich combinations that are great for lunch. The service is great and the food is too. I would recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner or even a late breakfast for one of their giant cinnamon rolls.

1  Thank AshHall0716
Reviewed 10 April 2007

This is a local bakery that also serves a small menu at lunch and dinner (some nights). The baked goods are always good (great birthday cakes), but to me the menu items are the reason to go. They serve the best fried catfish I've had anywhere and also huge burgers on homemade rolls that are wonderful. There are also sandwiches for those who want something lighter as well as chicken strips for the kids. I'm sure the sandwiches are good but I don't know anybody who has ordered one, everybody goes for the fish or the burger. They recently expanded so there is now plenty of seating. If you like catfish or burgers then you should definitely give them a try!

2  Thank SuzInLuz