All reviews praline bacon holiday weekend awesome stay will stay there again thornhill bradbury comfort louisiana curtains
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Honestly, we didn't know anything about this place. We just needed a place to stay and didn't want to pay the 400 dollar prices at the boats for holiday weekend. We were going to a concert there, and this place was pretty close.

When we arrived, we asked another person staying there about checking in. He was kind enough to show us the envelopes in the mail box. I didn't know about that. We were staying across the street at the white house. It did take a bit to figure out things. That's not a criticism, just a fact. Next time I'll know the process. There will be a next time for sure.

The room was fine. TV was small, but we didn't come down here to watch TV. Cleanliness gets an A+, and that is the most important thing to me about the room. We had parents keeping kids out of town and had to leave, so we didn't get to partake in the breakfast, and I'm embarrassed to admit that. Can't wait until next time to try.

But as we got back after the concert we saw how this locations were lit up. The lighting was so beautiful. We will be bringing our 4 year old daughter back sometime this fall just to stay at this B&B.

Parking is a bit of a booger, but it's in a historical area and that is to be considered. We drove a truck, so that made it a bit harder. See you next time! Would recommend to absolutely anyone.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Whenever I travel, I make it a point to stay in a BnB rather than a motel since it's a much nicer experience. Fairfield Place and Fairfield Manor were two of the nicest ones I've had the opportunity to visit. The hosts were exemplary. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to extend my stay several days. They were nice enough to accommodate my changing schedule, despite having a wedding and a luncheon scheduled. The breakfast was incredible and there were ample complimentary snacks and drinks. I highly recommend either of these BnB's and will definitely stay there the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We had such a wonderful stay. Beautiful place. Excellent food. Owner and all staff were very friendly and helpful. Well stocked coffee bar and wine bar. All assortments of snacks were available. Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2018

This was our first time staying in a B&B in Louisiana. Upon arrival there was an envelope with our name and instructions inside. Not a soul around at the time. House was very clean and there were plenty of snacks and drinks upstairs and down.
We got a really good deal on the price of the room, so we weren't sure which room we would be in upon arrival.

Our room was the Bradbury room. If you are shorter then 5'10, you may have issues getting into bed. I looked for a step to get into bed but didn't see one. The mattress/bed height had to be at least 32" off the floor. Little too high for me. There was only one chair in the room, which with a tall bed you need 2 chairs. I sat on the floor to put my shoes on. Never could figure out how to get the tv to work. The bathroom has a shower with a clawfoot tub with a full curtain enclosure. Curtain rod needs some work.

Breakfast was wonderful and very tasty.

Overall I would stay again, but just in a different room.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Booked this hotel for my wedding. My hubs is active duty army and we had a small time from to get married while he was on leave from deployment. Agreed on $1500 and they charged my card for $1982! STOLE our money! Refused to refund it. They said we had thirty days to cancel, i contacted them on day fourteen. Building manager literally told me my money was transferred into the owners personal account, that he was on vacation and that it couldn’t be refunded because it had been SPENT! We took it to our bank. They refused all contact with us, ignored or phone calls and didn’t return emails! We are still working with our bank and the police to get our money back from these thieves! Do not ever, ever spend your money here! They are horrible, evil, shameless people! Ruined my wedding and stole the only money we had for a venue! Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. My fiancé is a soldier and works to keep them safe in their beds at night, while they STEAL from him. There are no words. Rotten people!!!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple