“Perfect ”

Ranked #106 of 541 Restaurants in Shreveport
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a traditional Victorian Tea Room serving hot and cold teas as well as soups, salads, quiche, sandwiches, and a wide array of delicious freshly prepared scones. We also deliver boxed lunches within a 15 mile radius on orders of 8 or more and have a great selection of catering trays to choose from. When you are finished with your lunch you can come downstairs and shop in our 4000 square foot clothing and gift boutique. You are sure to find something you will love! *New hours added! We are now open for breakfast Tuesday - Saturday at 6:00 a.m. Try something different for breakfast from our Traditional English Breakfast complete with baked beans to Bubble and Squeak or English Crumpets with homemade Cranberry Conserve. We also serve local favorites like Belgian Waffles or the Breakfast BLT. Be sure to get a side of our famous Glenwood Cheese Grits!
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Best blt in town ... they have some of the best soups and sandwiches in town along with a great little breakfast menu if you're looking for some tea and scones this is the place to be

Reviewed 29 March 2017 via mobile

This quaint little shop that sits on Line Avenue has a wonderful little menu for breakfast and lunch along with a great little boutique when you walk in the front door the staff is always so willing to help and don't forget to get a pot of tea while you're there

Reviewed 21 January 2017

I have been going to the Glenwood for many years, usually with a group of friends from work, church, or just running buddies. We have always loved the atmosphere and the food ... plus we love to browse in the gift shop area after lunch. I have tried several things on the menu, but my very favorite thing is the Maple BLT, served with the Glenwood pickles, which I like so well I bought the cookbook to get the recipe. The service is sometimes slow, but we normally go when we have plenty of time unless it is lunch break from work. I know and love the previous owner and always enjoyed my visits with her when we went. I am looking forward to getting to know the new owners. They have made improvements that were needed and I really like the less cluttered look of the shopping area. My last visit to the Glenwood was at the end of the year. My family from Florida came for their Christmas visit and the ladies of the group made our second (what is becoming annual) visit to the tearoom for lunch and shopping. My granddaughter makes out like a bandit when we go there!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Breakfast is now served at the Glenwood Tea Room! Launching from a very successful inaugural Jazz Brunch 2016 in concert with our region's ever-popular Highland Jazz and Blues Fest, breakfast at the Glenwood Tea Room is every bit as delicious and decadent as lunch and afternoon tea! Eggs cooked perfectly to order. I enjoy them soft scrambled (they were perfectly fluffy, NOT over-cooked) and soft-poached (the white was firm and the yolk was runny--just like I like it). An extra-large lightly-browned biscuit that opened to reveal a moist and flaky crumb. A generous spatula-sized portion of Glenwood Grits, a grits-based "casserole" (almost quiche-like) made with just the right mixture of eggs and cheddar cheese. I always order a side bowl of the sausage gravy which is a perfect marriage of savory and salty that truly satisfies. The ginger peach tea was light and refreshing. Breakfast is new and sure to become a local favorite, though it already has with me!

Reviewed 10 August 2016

Every Friday, I celebrate the end of the week with the Afternoon Tea Experience. A fresh brewed pot of tea chosen from among three daily offerings that change from day to day. Angels Dream is the house favorite but I love the varieties, too. A cup of piping hot Victorian soup--a delicious puree of mushrooms, ham, asparagus, onion, cucumber, chicken, and heavy cream. A two-tiered tray of delicate tea sandwiches--cucumber, turkey with dilled mayonnaise, pimiento cheese, a scoop of Chicken Chutney Salad, and strawberry cream cheese. Scone choices are impossible but each is served with a dollop of Devonshire Cream and Lemon Curd. No matter what you order, you will not leave hungry. Tell them I sent you!