“Great mexican food”
Review of Tacomania Cantina

Tacomania Cantina
Ranked #51 of 537 Restaurants in Shreveport
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Touted as some of the best Mexican food in town, Tacomania is a Mexico City Cantina. A favorite of Shreveport and Bossier City patrons, Tacomania offers a diverse and extensive menu of Mexico, Tex-Mex and California cuisine. Tacomania has been highly rated three times by The Times Preview, Forum and Portfolio magazine. Tacomania has also been nominated three times as one of the five finalists of the "Best Mexican Restaurants in North Louisiana" by SB Magazine. The Cantina also features "off menu" items which offer many true unique Mexican dishes.
Reviewed 28 April 2017

The food here is amazing. It always tastes fresh. The rice is different from most Spanish rice but it is by far my favorite I've ever had. One of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Shreveport.
My favorite thing on the menu is the Chicken Tacos Al Carbon. Delicious!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

I'll admit, I'm pretty particular about my Mexican food and I'm hesitant to try anything outside of my favorite places in Houston. I sometimes get desperate and decide, usually against my better judgment, to try something in Shreveport. Until today, I only had one place I liked the Mexican food and it was closed. Since my salsa cravings would not subside, I decided to visit Tacomania. We had a great server who promptly arrived to take our drink and appetizer order. They were served quickly and we placed our entree orders. I chose the Enchiladas Suizza. These are chicken enchiladas topped with tomatillo sauce, freshly sliced avocados, cheese, and sour cream. They were delicious as were the sides of rice and black beans. Our drinks were refreshed and refilled before we could ask. Everything about the service was great. My husband and children liked their enchiladas and we left as very satisfied customers.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

Food is good, well prepared and atmosphere is celebration mode. Service is warm and attentive, and they are friendly towards family gatherings.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Tried Tacomania today for lunch. Will definitely be back to work my way through their extensive menu. My main purpose for going there was to try their Tinga Villa dish (chicken stewed in a chipotle sauce). It was tasty but I couldn't even come close to finishing it. The portion was quite large. My daughter tried the lunch special carnita tacos (#29 on their lunch special menu). She also enjoyed her meal.

The only item we didn't like was their side of rice. I prefer a more traditional spanish rice and their version is white rice with some veggies mixed in.

Don't forget to try out the salsa bar! While the salsa that comes with your chips when you are seated was quite good, there was one on the salsa bar that was nice and HOT, just like I like it!

We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant. The food is very consistently good. The prices are great. The place is clean, and service smooth. We love to take out of town friends here for honest Mexican food that is cooked with fresh ingredients.