Lowest prices for your stay
$98
Priceline$109
Travelocity$98
ZenHotels.com$117
1,045 results
All reviews red river self parking casino gambling deli tub smoking garage
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 June 2022

The room was beautiful and comfortable. However, check in wasn't pleasant and check out was worse. The clerk was too busy putting on lip gloss and talking to a co-worker to notice there was someone standing at the desk. Took over 3 minutes for her to turn around and acknowledge me. Also, there is no coffee in the lobby of this hotel. They want you to go to a restaurant instead. No breakfast served. And the one restaurnt opened of the 3 there, did not serve breakfast per se except for sandwiches. The casino sucked. Very few games and those there were repeats of each other. Drinks, altho free, were awful tasting.

Date of stay: June 2022
Chris J, General Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Thank you for the rating. It's always our goal to provide five-star experiences in every interaction during our guests' visits. If you have feedback on how we can improve, please reach out to us directly through our property website.

Reviewed 21 May 2022 via mobile

I’ve always stayed at Sam’s town because of the discounted rates on my hotel rooms or comps. But this time I really was impressed by how many managers/hotel personnel I saw that were checking on things in the hotel and always had a smile on their faces. Things just seemed different this time& there was a better attendance in the casino. I didn’t win but … lol that’s okay.
After this visit I will definitively be so ready to come back!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Chris J, General Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2022

We appreciate you taking the time to provide positive feedback from your recent visit and we're already looking forward to your next trip!

Reviewed 13 January 2022

We always enjoy staying at Sam's Town. Not the most glitzy casino but easy to get around and convenient for us. You can always park right by the door on the top floor of parking garage so easy to unload luggage. Rooms are nice and fairly large, clean. The little deli has good panini sandwiches for those late nights. Smokey Joe's restaurant is slow, but pretty good. I wish they would reopen the buffet. It was good when open. Casino is all non-smoking now, which I love! Will continue to come back.

Room tip: Ask for river view.
Date of stay: November 2021
2  Thank NannieMurrey
Reviewed 22 September 2021

Second time to stay here. Really enjoy the place.

Parking is free. Hotel staff is friendly. Lots of people keeping everything clean.

Casino is good. Hours are not 7x24 but the place is open most of the time.

Buffet is still not open.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank MelbourneBeachBum
Chris J, General Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are thrilled to see your overall experience was great. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2021

JULY 2021 WEDDING LOOK SOMEWHERE ELSE

I booked a wedding in August of 2020 in SAMS TOWN SHREVEPORT. I called back to inquire about meeting with the sales dept about in March because I had not had any communication from them. The sales dept contacted me in May. We met to discuss how I wanted my wedding set up. We went over the EOB. Staff indicated to me she would be in touch. She contacted me 2 weeks before my wedding date and said that she was out of town. She said that she would have my EOB check amount the next day. The next day came and she never contacted me. I contacted her about 7 PM and she told me the company sent her somewhere else to work. Next week, she contacted me asking me about the things I wanted to be added to my order like the open bar and dance floor. I was disappointed because during our meeting together she told me she was writing everything down and did not. The staff was not consistent. On June 21, she sent me an EOB check amount of $5400 and $800 were taxes. I could not believe it

1. The contract I signed was not correct. They spelled my name wrong, and my fiancé's name was not included in the contract.

2. The information provided on the contract to reserve the rooms GROUP CODE AND PHONE NUMBER TO HOTEL was wrong. I spent over 80 dollars on detail cards and had to reorder. When I spoke to Derrick, he informed me that my 100 guests would have to call in to reserve their room. WHAT?????

3. THE Staff told me in the meeting that she would give me, and my husband two nights free stay in the suite. On 07/19/2021, Derrick called stating that he never gave me the two nights. I informed him the other staff member did and then charged my card without my permission $230.00. I called and informed him about what happened it did not matter. The staff member texted and stated there was a misunderstanding. NO, IT WASN'T. I called and spoke to the HR dept, and he took care of the situation quickly.

4. Once I checked into the suite, the cigarette smell in the room was so bad, housekeeping had to come service the room.

The buffet manager Joe is amazing.

I am so DISAPPOINTED with the service that I received there. They were not consistent, trustworthy, or reliable. You would think that this hotel would have competent people running their sales dept, but they don't. THINK HARD AND LONG BEFORE YOU RENT THE MAGNOLIA ROOM FOR YOUR EVENT.

Jay B.

Date of stay: July 2021
Chris J, General Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that your experience was less than exceptional. If you’re willing to further discuss your experience, feel free to reach out to us directly via our official property website.