All reviews international buffet separate vanity red river slot machines across the river room service great room river view valet parking non smoking king room nice stay casino joes gambling deli william
Reviewed 3 August 2018

such a nice place to stay, and the rooms are not expensive, but are very, very nice. The bathroom was huge, bed so comfortable. Everything clean. Just a great place to stay...and we don't even gamble :)

Room Tip: ask for what you want, up high, view or not, they try to accommodate
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Chris J, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for visiting us, Sandra! We’d love to have you visit again.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

My Sam’s Town experience was unpleasant to say the least. I will start by saying the room itself was just OKAY... seating could be replaced as it was very worn and the door hiding the refrigerator was broken. The bathroom was HORRENDOUS! Rust everywhere! Door seals, ceiling vent, shower curtain rod, etc. Wall paper was peeling from the bottom... Just terrible! Not at all what I expected. The first night, while at dinner, I contacted the front desk and requested a crib be brought up to our room. We got back to the hotel 2 hours later and still no crib. As we were getting ready for bed, I turned back the sheets and noticed the bedding had NOT BEEN CHANGED from the PREVIOUS CUSTOMER’S STAY!! (You know how you always see things on TV but never expect it to happen to you in real life... well IT DID!) The sheets were stained in one bed and several strands of hair (no color of mine) were present in BOTH BEDS. I called back to the front desk to complain, so just shy of an hour later the housekeeper shows up with just a crib.(totally unprepared to change bedding). By this time I am furious, and so are my children with no place to sleep (or sit for that matter). She said no one told her about the bed situation but she offered to get her cart and come back. 45min later she came back to change the bedding. She finally left our room at 11:56pm. Offering us a new room would have been a start, but NO! We went to the pool the next afternoon hoping for a better day... WRONG!! There were people smoking IN the pool (definitely not an environment for children), plus several concrete tiles surrounding the pool were loose and made an unstable walk to get in (safety hazard perhaps). I later spoke with an unconcerned shift manager who claimed I would receive a PARTIAL CREDIT for the first night only. A week later, and I still have not received the credit. I will NEVER stay there again!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Chris J, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

BEONICA, I would like to thank you for the feedback that you provided regarding your most recent visit. We value this information because it helps us to better serve you and assists us in making your overall visit to our property an enjoyable and memorable experience. Please know that we are constantly updating all facets of our services and products to meet our customers’ high expectations, and the experience that you detailed in your review is not indicative of our normal operations. Your candid feedback has already been passed on to our Management Team so these issues can be addressed.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My wife and I were on a road trip from our home in Connecticut to the DFW area and needed to take a break from the road. We chose Sam's Town as I am a member of the Boyd's Gaming player's club. Our very positive experience started at the valet. I was pulling a cargo trailer and thought I would have to park in an offsite. The valet crew pointed out an area where the casino shuttle was parked and allowed us to park there. The desk crew was just as friendly and helpful. We were given a room that overlooked the pool and had a nice view down the Mississippi. The room and furnishing were older but in excellent shape and very clean. We had dinner in the buffet and the food quality and price paid was great. Yes, there a casino with a small table game area but there are 2 more floors of gaming machines in addition.

All in all its a nice property and we would stay there in the future.

Stayed: June 2018
Chris J, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Your review means a lot to us! Thanks for visiting, and for taking the time to post this. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

We drove 7 hours to meet friends for a couples weekend. Had fun, liked that there was 3 floors to choose to play the slots on and Won some decent money to boot! Room was nice and staff friendly but seen a few roaches in the room. But I get it being so many people comming and going! Ate at the Buffet., the food was really good and hot! Then ate at Smokey Joe’s, again the was good but long wait times, wheather in line and or waiting on the food! Over all I’d go back to Sam’s Town casino in Shreveport again in the near future

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alwaysmorekh

Your review matters to us. While we’re elated that we got three stars of your experience right, we’d really like to earn those extra two stars! Please reach out if you have any tips or feedback on what we can improve. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Went here for a weekend getaway with my fiancé. Loved the view of the red river from the hotel. Great food around every corner. Lost money at the casino but ended up winning it back. I will definitely stay at Samstown on my next visit.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Chris J, Manager at Sam's Town Hotel & Casino, Shreveport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018