“Miserable lack of service, will make effort to avoid”

The Brasserie Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 12 Restaurants in Blackrod
Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

I'm staying at the hotel. Having arrived tired, I made the mistake of coming to the brasserie. I waited 5-10 mins for a member of staff to offer me a table (there were just three other diners) - I should have walked out at that point. It then took 40 mins for them to deliver a pie and mash! I'm staying at the hotel tomorrow night. Will make the effort to eat elsewhere.
Excuse given - busy in bar and people in restaurant!

1  Thank Ally D

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Absolutely appalling. Not sure what the red oily thick gloopy liquid was that was presented for the soup course, but tomato soup it was definitely not....hopes then for the main course, served 3/4 hour later, but alas 90% of the food was inedible. I had the vegetarian option, I have no idea what it was, faint cheesy tasting liquid with a few mushrooms and the dark green bits of a Leek, served in a ramekin dish with crumbs on top. Very greasy under done roast potatoes, soggy sprouts but hey, the carrots were good! A complaint to the poor waiter was met with no response from anyone. So, another half hour wait for the 'cheesecake' which had obviously been standing for some time as it had a hardened layer on the top. I was so hungry that I had to eat more than 50% of it despite the fact that it was very 'claggy ' and tasted like sour milk. Another complaint to the waiter. No response. The night was advertised as a RIO Carnival themed evening. A few balloons and maracas and whistles. The DJ was not at all good, empty dance floor didn't seem to challenge his choice of music, and then when he did play a tune that everyone danced to, it didn't register and he went on to play some very strange music indeed. Most of our party departed by 11 when we were scheduled to stay till 1am. A lot of the other groups went very early too. No one on front desk to complain to when we left . Appalling food. Dreadful. Will not go there again nor will my colleagues. Very very poor.

1  Thank Melanie B
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Visited again for an afternoon tea, absolutely delightful,lovely table set in the bar area, amazing sandwiches and cakes, well worth a visit with very attentive and helpful staff. Really made our afternoon and would recommend to anyone

Reviewed 3 September 2015 via mobile

Lovely meal with very friendly service. Comfortable bar area with relaxing atmosphere. Good menu choice either a la carte or a classic 3 course menu. High quality food. Great evening, thank you.

Reviewed 17 July 2015

I dined at Brasserie Restaurant on July 11 with two friends. Reasonably priced.

2 Courses £20.00
3 Courses £25.00

My starter was Seared Scallops, Heathcote black pudding, smoked pancetta, pea puree, micro water cress. (£2.50 extra)

Roast Rump of Lamb which I ordered medium rare and cooked like I wanted. It came with hotpot potatoes, pickled red cabbage, green beans, red wine jus. It was tasty and tender.

My friends enjoyed the Roast Breast of Chicken Breast wrapped in pancetta, parisienne potatoes, wild mushroom fricassee & wild garlic.

For dessert we shared Textures of Strawberry served in a grey slate. It had cheesecake wrapped in strawberry gel, meringue, strawberry marshmallows, strawberry caviars, slices of fresh strawberries, crumbled digestive biscuits. Great presentation, not too sweet and really nice dessert.

Our server, Lee, is professional, friendly and helpful.

I highly recommend this restaurant. Ask for Lee to be your server if he is on duty.