“Trip Home from Baton Rouge”

Crawfish House and Grill
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Opelousas
Reviewed 6 April 2018

So on the way back from Baton Rouge we stopped at this restaurant for lunch. The place set back off the road. Not being from Opelousas, one had to look carefully to find it. The sign next to the road was faded. The restaurant had quite a few folks there. We were greeted and seated quickly. The waitress came and took our order. It did not take long for our food to arrive. We ordered the hamburger steak meal which was absolutely fantastic. We would definitely eat there again. A great place.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely awesome food. Gumbo and Seafood to die for!!!! Fresh, flavorful and superbly cooked. Great, friendly, attentive service.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

This place has been around for some time and I'm always amazed and the consistency of the food here. Always a great meal just like the last time I was there. I often get the fried shrimp and they are huge, plump and flavorful and the roasted potatoes are terrific!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

We ordered the Eggplant Atchafalaya as an appetizer followed by bowls of gumbo and crab bisque. Both the soups were good, although the gumbo was a bit spicy! But looking back, we both wished we had just ordered more of the eggplant! It was so delicious! I am definitely glad we stopped here for dinner. My only complaint is the condition of the floors and bathrooms. I mean, come on people, it IS a restaurant. If my feet are sticking to the floor, I think you have a problem!

1  Thank Sharon A
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We were headed home to north Louisiana after a weekend in NO and picked this place based on TA reviews. Our server was a young man (Tyler) and he was friendly and did a great job. We started with corn bisque and seafood gumbo. Both were absolutely perfect but what really surprised us was that both had been cooked with great spice and heat.....not typical tourist bland fare! We had found a place that cooked to the liking of the locals and we were overjoyed! My wife had the blackened steak with shrimp penne pasta. It was a great dish. I had the blackened fish....catfish that was truly blackened and not just some seasoning sprinkled on it! With the fish were potatoes and steamed vegetables....absolutely a perfect dish and spicy just like the bisque and gumbo. This meal rivaled the meals we had in NO and we dined at the top rated restaurants. We now have a detour to make on all future trips south and when returning north.....we will return many times!