“Perfect stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in New Iberia
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia for one night on our way to New Orleans. It is a new hotel located on Old Spanish Highway.

Spotlessly clean, large and comfortable room with a great bed, good complimentary breakfast - an outside pool, all in all a perfect stay. I can only recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hirondelle11

Reviewed 10 August 2011

This hotel is new and very nice. The staff was so friendly, the breakfast was amazing, they had to go breakfast which was perfect for me on the way to work in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank harizonluv
Reviewed 1 August 2011

If you've ever seen my reviews before you will know I am a "Hampton Lady", meaning most of my reviews are about Hamptons because I usually stay in a Hampton when traveling. This was the usual neat, clean, quiet, very new Hampton but the difference was in the manager. He went so far out of his way to make his guests feel welcome. After asking him about which sites he recommended for tourists, he told me the usual stuff to see in the area and said he would have something special for me the next day. I was interested in a nearby music festival that he regularly attended. The next day, he had gone and gotten the music festival schedule and made me a gift of a tape of cajun music to enjoy. I had a great time at the festival because of him. I will stay at this Hampton anytime I am in the New Iberia area again. I lost his business card but I think his name was Nathan. I could be wrong on that.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sweetshrub
Reviewed 31 July 2011

My husband stayed at this hotel for 5 weeks while on business so I went several times to spend the weekend with him. This Hampton Inn is fairly new and in very good condition. The rooms are clean, beds very comfortable and nice linens. Simple but sufficient decor. The pool is nice and the morning breakfast was pretty darn good for being FREE!! And always hot coffee in the lobby. The parking lot was very well lighted for safety concerns and the staff was very freindly. There is a "data" room for using fax, copier, and computer. Also a small workout room (didnt' use). Some rooms have kitchenette. There are snacks for sale in the lobby if ya get a midnight craving. Overall, this hotel was very good for the price. And there are a few places to visit while in New Iberia so grab a map.

Room Tip: Leaving a tip for the hotel maid usually assures great service and very clean room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NOLACajunQueen
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I must say I was offended by the check-in process. Upon checking in, I was asked if I was with the group attending a wedding. I answered, Yes. At this point I was hoping for some type of discount. NOT SO. I was informed I had a curfew of 11pm and NO noise after that. They even had me sign some type of list. Also, was told police would be called for any disturbance.
Also, there was NO tub, only a shower. Not good for family with young children.
Also, pool is only opened from 5am to 9pm as noted on a sign on the gate. Not sure how you can us the pool at 5am when it had a chain lock on it. We left at 7:30 and pool still had a chain lock on it.
I would NOT recommend this hotel to large groups wanting to be together for weddings in the area. They do not want this type of business.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
35.7 km away
Hampton Inn Lafayette
Hampton Inn Lafayette
#7 of 50 in Lafayette

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Iberia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK