“A good Mexican Restaurant”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Azteca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #120 of 223 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The food and Margarita is good. It has all good options on Mexican. I liked the overall set up which is like Mexican. The service was also quick and pleasent

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

My wife and I had been to Al Azteca several times and always enjoyed the food. We had dinner there in July and couldn't believe how bad the food was. I ordered fajitas and my wife had a tamale. The vegetables with the fajitas were burned and smelled awful and the tamale didn't have ANY meat. Our server asked about our food and said he'd replace the food. We had been there so long we declined and ate around the issues.

Thinking we had just been there on a bad day we tried it again. We ordered the same as last time to see if things were better. The fajitas were good, not great, but not burned this time. My wife cut into the tamale and once again, no meat. The server apologized and brought another one which was as you'd expect.

With as many Mexican restaurants in town to choose from we won't be going back.

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

I LOVE eating here when I want to treat myself to Mexican fare! The service is great and the food is great and quick. The Chicken Ralena is to die for! It is almost like a Mexican style muffaletta only stuffed with cheese and peppers then sliced and served woth Mexican rice. Try the Horshata, a tall Mexican milk with cinnamon OR go for the two for one Margueritas. On Thursday nights, join in the fun and sing your heart out --it's Karaoke night! On the weekends El Azteca is usually packed from lunchtime through dinner, that's why I go during week nights. Try the food and this place may become one of your favorites!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Much more to offer than the usual tacos, enchiladas, and fajitas. The ONLY Mexican restaurant we found in the area that offers Chili Verde. Service was fine, and the food was great.

Reviewed 30 January 2016 via mobile

Called in an order for pickup. Get home and find my tortillas are not included. The 'small' cheese dip is an individual sized portion. Not what I expected at all. At most other places a small cheese dip is much bigger and can feed 2-3 people. Also, a lot of meals don't come with rice/beans. Seriously? I have to pay $4 more to get a side of rice/beans? Positive side my meal did taste good. Even without the flour tortillas. Overall, I probably won't return, too many negatives.