“Great food!”

Don Tomas Taqueria and Cantina
Ranked #70 of 223 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 6 July 2015

Pulling up you are greeted by a massive plastic beef bull, the kind you see at a Beef Farm, so I was a little concerned it would be a cheesy place, it definitely was not!
Our meals came out realitively quick, had great taste, and the wait staff was efficient. The salsa they serve with the chips was spicy but not too hot. The guacamole was excellent. Price was mid range.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 June 2015

We've been there on many occasions both as a couple and with a large group. Their Mexican food is great but they also boil some awesome crawfish. Their outdoor patio area is great for dining!

Reviewed 1 October 2014

I don't like it. I have eaten there twice and it was disgusting both times. The tortillas were brittle, the beans had sugar in them and I make better rice at home. Will not be back.

2  Thank Kathy_918_824
Reviewed 21 September 2014

So, first you see the giant cow outside and it doesn't look like much from the road. Get inside, ok it has a local cafe feel...your choice of booths or tables in the dining room, bar tables or along the bar in their cool, dark cantina. The patio, though is the show stopper with the giant shade tree, palapa tables, and live music on weekends. Time for one of their potent, delicious frozen margaritas, which are 2/1 at happy hour, and just the thing to go with their fine chips and homemade salsa. We have never been disappointed by any of their food offerings, although we have our favorites. From the appetizer menu, the queso fundido is a meal in itself and we seldom pass up the bean dip. Their grilled chile relleno is the best anywhere, ever, and you can add toppings like pico de gallo, cilantro, cabbage, and various salsas from the fresh condiment bar to get just the right degree of spicy. You probably won't have room for dessert, but if you're willing, the flan is worth the extra gorge. Trust me. We always have attentive service, short wait times for food, and plenty of water refills. We enjoy the casual, friendly vibe, but mostly it's the fooood!!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

on of the best bowls I have ever had. great atmosphere love our waitress. they way they season their food is wonderful. Fun outdoor tiki bar area. the molejete bowl is spectacular. I have tried many items and this is my favorite although everything else I have had is also really good.

1  Thank latechgirl13