“A Surprisingly Good Meal and Lots of Fun”

Braiz'n Bar & Grill
Ranked #30 of 231 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Braiz'n Bar & Grill is a unique and up-tempo place to eat and gather with friends. The menu is interesting, the music is lively and the mood is relaxed.

Recently my wife and I enjoyed grilled Pescado (fish) tacos and Lechon (pork) tacos plus Mexican street corn heavily grilled.

The food was unique and tasty and the service was excellent. We will no doubt return in the near future.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I hate to write negative reviews but our experience was very lackluster. I was eager to try this place out but got so very disappointed. We went here for lunch and got the Mexican street corn for an appetizer. I was so sad that it was not fresh corn and just cold, badly reheated/charred half corn cobs (like what you get in the freezer section at the grocery store). The cheese, cilantro and sauce was good but it kind of negated the purpose since the actual corn was bad.

I got the pescado (fish) tacos and my hubby got the shrimp tacos. I'm not lying when I say the slices of avocado were bigger than the fish on my tacos. I got the fish grilled and they could have been grilled a little longer, but seeing how small they were, they didn't need to be cooked very long. The Mexican rice was ok, and the beans were way too spicy and under cooked. I poked through the beans to find some softer ones and they were decent, but the spice overwhelmed it. The corn tortillas were also store bought, not freshly made. $12 for three slivers of fish, 3 slices of avocado, red onions and cabbage with some of their chipolte mayo (in which the mayo was good, but I'd rather the food be good instead of a sauce/mayo/etc.)

Thankfully, our service was good. I doubt we will go back, but we saw people with decent looking burgers and fries so maybe stick with that instead of their tacos.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I recently dined at Braiz'n with a large group for lunch. Even though the restaurant is not large, they were able to accommodate us. The food was good. My only recommendation to the restaurant would be to expand their menu. About half of the menu choices are tacos or hamburgers.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Excellent food on N. 18th st in Monroe, LA. had the Delta Blues Burger with a side salad and loved it. Well seasoned and both the salad and burger were well proportioned. The service was great and the facility appeared to be clean. This place should do well of it keeps this standard. I really digged the music too.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Nice, simple menu. Tacos and burgers.
We asked the waitress for her suggestions, and she gave 2 of her favorite tacos and 2 burgers. We opted for the El Borracho taco and the Tinga De Pollo taco, then we split our orders between each other so we could sample each one. I don't know which was my favorite. They were both fantastically delicious!!