“We enjoyed our experience”
Review of Churros Cafe

Churros Cafe
Ranked #80 of 546 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed 1 June 2015

It was our first time to eat Cuban food. We had some tamales, a cubano, and the Ropa vieja. All were cooked well and seasoned fine. My wife ordered a mojito which she said was very delicious. It was prepared by an older woman who was very delighful and made our experience that much more enjoyable. We want to visit again soon to try their other dishes.

Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

There were so many wonderful choices I did not know where to begin. So I started with a cubano sandwich which was a excellent choice. It was warm and crispy. Then the ropa vieja (shredded skirt steak); it was moist and tender with just the right amount (when combined with the sandwich) for two to share. The sides I choose were maduros ( sweet plantains) and congri ( rice with black beans). As I left the cafe, I compared the quality of these dishes to other restaurants I recently visited and must say this cafe shines above them all.

Reviewed 24 April 2015 via mobile

What s nice surprise to find this wonderful restaurant in Metairie! To start, My sister and I had delicious mojitos....so fresh!
Then we both ordered the same entree with sides...roapa vierja (sp?), with yuca and sweet plantains for sides. What a yummy entree! I also loved the plantains. I am not a huge fan of yucas, but I gave them a try based on an earlier review. Still not a fan...but that does not mean that they were not good. It is just not for me.
For dessert, we shared the churros....they were delicious. I also had a cafe au lait....it seemed more like a cappuccino, which I prefer.
The owner and our server could not have been more delightful. Wish I lived closer...I would be a regular!

Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

Churros has the best Cuban sandwich outside of Miami. Ask the owner Jose about the current state of Cuba. You'll learn so much.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Seriously, they have the absolute best Cuban food that I have tried. Their ropa vieja is amazing, and the yucca frita is to die for. Always great service and quick food, would def recommend to anyone wanting to try Cuban!

Been to Churros Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK