“Great food and good prices”
Review of Acme Oyster House

Acme Oyster House
Ranked #4 of 520 Restaurants in Metairie
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here for dinner. I got the roast beef po boy. Delicious. The rest of my family got seafood dishes. They all loved it. The Boom Boom Shrimp appetizer was awesome. Good family restaurant.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Our original choice of restaurant was closed on Sundays so we tried Acme Oyster house. After we were seated the place got crowded. My husband said it looked like a local favorite. I had the dozen grilled oysters ($18.99, half dozen was at $11.99), delicious! It came with 4-5 pieces of small bread and dipped the bread on the butter sauce.
My husband had the Large Etouffee which he said was also good. Our son enjoyed his kid's chicken tenders.
It was crowded while we were having dinner but our server, Hilda was always checking on us. She always refilled our sodas without having to ask, and I appreciate that. In some restaurants, the servers avoid looking at guests but not here. It was an enjoyable experience for the family.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

YUM! We tried the oyster shooter and oyster Rockafeller soup (with a hint of herbsaint). Best grilled oysters anywhere! We also split a shrimp poboy that was loaded with wonderful fried shrimp.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Food was good but service was lacking. We were seated but no one came to our table for a while. We notice two other tables seated after us getting drinks before us. After our server took our drink order he gave mine to my friend and his drink to me. To top it off my friend was still eating and he drop off the check in the middle of the table. This young blond guy was nervous or it was his first time....

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My husband fell head over heels in love with the grilled oysters at this restaurant. The meal portions were so large that I could not finish my dinner. Very delicious and well seasoned.