See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Nasty nasty place! Bugs in bed and carpet. First room I got trapped in because door frame was coming apart lucky husband was outside to kick the door free. That room stunk to high heaven. Moved rooms upstairs from first room could see out side around the door. Heater didn't work, blinds broken and would not shut. Horrible smell like animal pee and mold. Bugs everywhere! In the bed on the floor. Fridge did not work. Night front desk told us we could bring our small fish tank in. Got the bill and was charged 200.00 because per the manager Debie there was cat pee on the floor! And all we had was a fish! Called them on charges and they said the fish was ok. Told them I did not have a cat and the maid even came to my car to see my fish, no cats in the car. And yet I am still being charged 200.00 for a nasty, smelly, rock coach motel. WARNING this place should be in the red light distric and charge by the hour. On a personal note, I will be getting a lawyer!

Date of stay: January 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The country inn is a great place to stay! Very down to earth and friendly staff. If I was ask where to stay in Leesville the country inn would be it. Low Prices and newly remodled rooms.They have new furniture and beds which makes for a great stay ;)

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The room smelled like mold, the carpet was wet near the bathroom sink and it was old and stained etc.-etc. The microwave was rusty. We only remained in the room because we had unpacked everything and most of our group did not want to load up and move. Most of the rooms were in the process of being remodeled and I understand why. Their business card claims “Luxury for the Budget Minded” there was nothing about this property that was Luxurious. The only positive thing was the person who checked us in, she was very helpful. She stated that a manager would be available Monday if we wanted to voice our complaints. Just wish we would have gone a little further down the road and saw the other hotels and choices available. Lesson learned!!

Room tip: other place to stay
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have always stayed at the Country Inns when I go to Leesville for my business. It has a "at home" quality to the place. I have been going there for years and I can't believe some of these outrageous reviews I've read. The place is one of the older motels there but, I have always had a very good stay. The rooms are clean and by a great housekeeping staff. They have very spacious rooms, not the usual small boxes most places have. The clerks I've had the pleasure to encounter are all great and very helpful. All have always tried to make my stay comfortable. If I wanted to pay out the nose for a room that has a "robot" type staff and cold atmosphere I guess I would have to go to one of the other hotels there. So, I will always stay at the Country Inns in Leesville when I go there. Keep up the good work Country Inns!

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The one good thing about this motel was that the housekeepers try to do the best they can with what they have! The room had no over powering odors and appeared to be as clean as an older motel can be.

They advertise free wireless internet; that's a joke. We were only a few rooms from the office, and could not get a connection. Upon asking the front desk if they could fix the issue, we were told quite bluntly that there was nothing could be done. This information given while the attendant was on a personal call on her cell phone.

Since my cell phone carrier would not receive signal in this area, we had given the motel number to family members so they could call the room. We might should have given them the clerk's cell number, as apparently she was too busy to answer the phone at the motel to put calls through to us. Just glad there wasn't any emergency!

The TV did not work at all; most of the receptacles were on the fritz; the sheets, while clean, were old and worn out with lots of piling that felt horrible when you ran your feet over them. The a/c was good; the bathroom was clean ( just had a lot of burn marks on the bathtub) and the beds were ok.

I am glad it was just a one night stay, otherwise, I would have been moving on down the road.

Date of stay: May 2012