“Very nice golf course”
Review of Gray Plantation

Gray Plantation
Reviewed 29 January 2017

We like to play golf when we travel, although we're advanced hackers. We booked a round at Gray Plantation because it got good reviews. The day was cool and windy, so the course was wide open when we arrived. The course was in good shape, for January. It's a challenging, but fair course, and we played from the senior tees. For those with more ability, this would be a very good tract. We finished in under four hours and are glad we got to play. If the weather had been better, our scores would have been lower, but who cares?

1  Thank MEB55304

Reviewed 7 November 2016

We enjoyed the layout and the price compared to LauBerge and Golden Nugget. Just remember to bring something to wash your golfballs. Didn't see one ball washer on the course. Also bring your own beverages. Not a beverage cart in sight. I couldn't believe it. Saturday 10:00 am T-Time, and no beverage carts?? I will play it again, but I'll be prepared.

1  Thank glandr2
Reviewed 5 April 2016

During a 3 month "snowbird" visit to Louisiana, I was told I had to come to this course and play. It is extremely well run. The staff here is friendly and very helpful. They matched me up with a couple of members(with handicaps close to mine - 10). For playing in the winter, the course was in really good shape. They do not overseed which I was a little surprised about but the fairways were very playable and the course is pretty challenging from whatever tees you play at. The course has 4 sets of men's tees with length up to 7,200 yds. I played from the white(6,300). Worth the price.

2  Thank don9290
Reviewed 29 December 2014

I imagine this golf course is in magnificent shape during the Summer. Even in December, the greens and fairways were well kept. Challenging layout but lots of risk/reward opportunities. Probably the best course I've played on the Audubon Golf Trail. I'll play it again next time I'm in Lake Charles.

1  Thank RabidWarhawk
See more reviews
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Although it won't help those planning a golf trip, we did use Gray Plantation for our rehearsal dinner and wedding venue. It was absolutely fabulous. The entire staff was great. The food was absolutely amazing (so I guess those that gold and are planning to stop in for a bite can use that but of advice). It is also very reasonably priced.

Been to Gray Plantation? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK