Review Highlights
Great Round of Golf

My wife and I stayed at the Golden Nugget (where only managers have an answer to the most simple... read more

Reviewed 3 July 2018
Jeff E
San Antonio, Texas
via mobile
Birthday party

Fun and exciting place for kids. Nice park, tennis courts, and golf area. Must be accompanied by a... read more

Reviewed 2 April 2018
LeroyT1580
Lake Charles, Louisiana
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2016

We enjoyed the layout and the price compared to LauBerge and Golden Nugget. Just remember to bring something to wash your golfballs. Didn't see one ball washer on the course. Also bring your own beverages. Not a beverage cart in sight. I couldn't believe it. Saturday 10:00 am T-Time, and no beverage carts?? I will play it again, but I'll be prepared.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank glandr2
Reviewed 5 April 2016

During a 3 month "snowbird" visit to Louisiana, I was told I had to come to this course and play. It is extremely well run. The staff here is friendly and very helpful. They matched me up with a couple of members(with handicaps close to mine - 10). For playing in the winter, the course was in really good shape. They do not overseed which I was a little surprised about but the fairways were very playable and the course is pretty challenging from whatever tees you play at. The course has 4 sets of men's tees with length up to 7,200 yds. I played from the white(6,300). Worth the price.

Date of experience: February 2016
2  Thank don9290
Reviewed 29 December 2014

I imagine this golf course is in magnificent shape during the Summer. Even in December, the greens and fairways were well kept. Challenging layout but lots of risk/reward opportunities. Probably the best course I've played on the Audubon Golf Trail. I'll play it again next time I'm in Lake Charles.

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank RabidWarhawk
Reviewed 15 December 2014

Although it won't help those planning a golf trip, we did use Gray Plantation for our rehearsal dinner and wedding venue. It was absolutely fabulous. The entire staff was great. The food was absolutely amazing (so I guess those that gold and are planning to stop in for a bite can use that but of advice). It is also very reasonably priced.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 29 September 2014

Very challenging course with great layout and variety of hazards. The course has a very nice eating area to enjoy lunch.

Date of experience: September 2014