“NOT EVEN FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Lake Charles
Lacombe, Louisiana
“NOT EVEN FOR HOMELESS PEOPLE”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel should be torn down and rebuilt ! The staff was helpful and friendly. We had four rooms reserved. When we arrived all four rooms were charged to credit cards, but was handed empty key sleeve. We were told your rooms are reserved but couldn't give us keys because they were being cleaned. We left to eat. On return, two of four rooms were reassigned to some other group. My party went to our room to find it to be fithy dirty and full of smoke. We complained. It took the poor young lady working the desk near 40 minutes to find us a room. She said there is one problem, I will come to the room to show you. The jacuzzi tub have a 8 inch circular crack in the tub. We had to straddle over the crack, so we did not sink in the crack any further. When we retired for the night, we pulled the comforter down to find on the end of the comforter a huge brown stain. We threw the comforter on the floor. We did not call for another comforter for fear of what we would receive. The next morning we informed the desk clerk we would never stay in any SLEEP INN ever again. She discounted us $10., which I appreciate, but feel we shouldnt have been charged at all. Our other group all had similar problems in thier rooms also. Free Breakfast.....should have paid us to eat there !!!!

Room Tip: check the room you will be staying in before you pay !!!!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BEV G
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 7 June 2011

Mold in rooms! Blood stain on comforter. And worst of all, bugs in the room! Woke up withbugs in the bed with me and one only child. Bugs in restroom everywhere. They offer free breakfast but I was not willing to eat there if I were on fear factor. Don't stay here!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank 1cvictorian
Texas
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Hotel was clean and staff was courteous and attentive. This was our second time to stay at this hotel and we would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jbooth2099
AlexSaini, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2011
We appreciate that you chose the Sleep Inn again and are glad that you had a pleasant stay. We are pleased to know that you liked the rooms and the southern hospitality at the Sleep Inn Lake Charles.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to welcoming you again. Please check the Sleep Inn website for the best available rate for your future stay.
Houston, TX
Reviewed 3 January 2011

The location was pretty good. It wasnt too far from the casino and restaurants. The rooms were not very clean and the first room we had....the AC was not working. Luckily, there was one room available so the staff was helpful and let us switch to that room. The second room...the bathroom smelled of urine. Kinda gross but i was happy to be able to sleep in a room with COLD AC =) just hold your breather while u shower!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GingerRhea
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I've stayed at this hotel once before, and aside from the phone not working in the room, I was satisfied. However...my second stay was rather dismal. I opted for a King Suite, thinking that I'd be increasing my satisfaction...but no, not so much. The light fixture was pulled partially away from the wall, as was the socket into which the light was plugged. Not a major deal, I can work with that. But then, while we were sleeping...the headboard feel off the wall and hit my friend on the head. We attempted to fix it...and apparently, so had several other people, judging from the numerous holes in the wall where it had previously been screwed in. (The piece holding the headboard onto the wall, by the way, was pressed wood and cracked in the center.) The holes were so worn that there was no way for us to make it stay on the wall, so we reported the issue to the front desk. We were told that they could do nothing for us until the manager came in the morning. We coped as best we could, and upon checkout, expected to have the issue resolved in some manner...primarily, I wanted reassurance that I wouldn't be charged for the damage, although a room comp would've been ideal. The manager still wasn't in, so I asked that he call me ASAP. It's been several days, and I still haven't heard from the hotel, nor have my calls been returned. I realize that things happen, but I expect to have some kind of communication in regards to the problem. AWFUL customer service...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends