“Don't recommend this hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Lafayette LA

Super 8 Lafayette LA
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Lafayette
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Don't recommend this hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2010

The hotel had extremely noisy, squeaky air conditioner. Also, one major TV channel made high pitched noise.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 1gotravel1
Super8laf, General Manager at Super 8 Lafayette LA, responded to this review, 11 March 2011
I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not as expected. I do understand how high pitch nosies can be a problem, when trying to relax. You will be glad to know that we have been over hauling ower AC units, to stop such noise. Also HBO channels have been suspended till further notice because of the problem.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2006

This place was awful! There was, as previously mentioned, signs all along the road advertising a lower rate than any room available. I had been on the road a long time and could not drive another foot, so I stopped here. I had stayed a Super 8 in Columbus Ga a few days before and found the stay pleasant, and thought I would encounter the same level of service and cleanliness. The lobby was small and cramped. It had 1970's decor but wasn't dirty. The manager explained the 39.88 rooms were all gone. He told me that if I paid cash he could give me a room for 43.+ tax. I agreed and took my money out, at this moment two drunk smelly men came up to the desk and stood very close to me (a single woman). I was scared as the manager took my money and handed me a key, I took off for the elevator. I slept with my clothes on, on top of the bedspread, because of the filth in the room. In the bathroom the sink, commode, and tub appeared clean. But when I closed the bathroom door, there were piles of hair, nail clippings, dust, string even denatl floss!!! I plugged my phone charger into the outlet next to the bed and found more nail clippings and dried up french fries and food wrappers. The bed spread had a couple burn holes. Once in my room I was too scared to return to the lobby. That was not the end of the food. But I will say the mattress was comfortable, and the TV worked.

A few weeks later I received an e-mail from the main Super8 company asking me to survey my stay. I explained all this and enclosed photos of the filth. Then I received an invitation to return to this same hotel and I would receive a discount on my rates. NO WAY.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank sweetm
The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You will be glad to hear that becasue of changes we have made , the cliental has also changed. The cleaning of the rooms issue has also been addressed.
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2006

When we arrived we thought it didn't smell clean, not bad, just not fresh and clean.
We went to supper then came bace and were relaxing when a movement caught my eye, I looked and a big fat cockroach was climing up the wall. Yikessss! We grabbed a shoe and killed it...I was still feeling yucky about that when I saw a little bug of some sort on the bed! I killed it and blood went every where!
After killing 8 more of these little bugs, all on the beds! I called the front desk and explained what was happening. He said, " Uhhh...I will call you right back" I sat up till 2:00am waiting for that call...we just decided to leave the light on to discourage any more from coming out...we tried to sleep...we slept fitfully for about 3 hours.
When we got up I killed 2 more climbing onto our bed. I have a huge bite of some kind on my lower leg!
I went to the front desk after dressing and asked her if the fellow from the night watch had left her any message about my call the night before. She said no...and that her manager wasn't there until next week (I didn't ask for the manager) and she offered me $10.00 for my inconvenience.
I really wouldn't advise anyone to stay in this hotel!

2 Thank sweetlady46
The hotel is now under new ownership and managment. The property has been renovated as of 2008/2009. You would be glad to know that we have a monthly contract with Orkin to come and take care of the property to ensure this kind of this does not happen.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2006

I agree with the above reviewers. I've stayed in Super8s around the USA and they've all been good - but I wouldn't recommend this one to anybody. We were supposed to stay for 2 nights but left after 1 and went to stay at the Econolodge over the road.

Our room looked ok, but:
- toilet didn't flush properly.
- we had to keep our shoes on, because the carpet was sticky underfoot.
- tv remote didn't work.
- fridge didn't work, so the food we left in there overnight spoiled.
- smelly corridors and lift.

This highway is stuffed with hotels, so I don't know why anybody would choose this one. Don't go there!

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gulf Shores AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2006

Signs on the highway advertise $35.88 and up - arrived at 3pm - all the $35 rooms were gone (if there were any) --best they could do was $45.88 (AARP).

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank joefish
Super8laf, Manager at Super 8 Lafayette LA, responded to this review, 15 April 2010
The property has been renavated, and is under new managment and owner.