“French Bistro in Lafayette”
Review of The French Press

The French Press
Ranked #12 of 577 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a new restaurant that opened the first week of 2010.
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Excellent food, but terrible service. If they could just get the timing and service better...that is keeping us away. The food is wonderful.

1  Thank nottinghillw11

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I got the cajun's egg benedict. It was really tasty! My wife got the lunch soup and meatloaf sandwich. She really loved it! They also have great desserts.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have been to French Press three times in the last two months. Each time I have eaten something different and each time I have loved the food. The restaurant is very casual, but the food is excellent. The last time I ate the special, eggs Benedict topped with a fried soft shell crab - wonderful. I can also recommend the truffle french fries and the meatloaf sandwich. Some of the dishes are eclectic but delicious. You won't be disappointed. Open for breakfast and lunch from Wed. to Sunday. Open for dinner on Friday and Saturday.

2  Thank Dolly229
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and I have eaten at the French Press a few times and each meal was excellent with reasonable good service...a bit on the expense side. However, this last visit the waiter took our order and after 30 minutes I chased him down and asked how much longer? He said he would checked and after 10 minutes came by and said he forgot to place it with the kitchen. I asked to speak with a manager, she came by and after I told her my issue, she said "well, we have been very busy today". No apologize...no offer to correct...nothing. The food is very good, but make sure you take extra steps to get your meal.

3  Thank PossD
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Creative menu with perfect execution. The Sunday brunch is fast becoming an institution in Lafayette. Open for dinner on Thursday-Sat.