“Romance atmosphere and great food”

Marcello's Wine Market Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcello's Wine Market Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 568 Restaurants in Lafayette
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Romance atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Great food with excellent presentation. Super wine list and a lovely romantic setting. The staff is excellent and the location is easy to reach. A great first serious date resteraunts. If you don't mind the price tag you must try this out.
Five stars. Enjoy.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Lafayette, Louisiana
“Best food in Lafayette”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

We have 3 teenage children and they always pick Marcello's for special occasions,birthdays,graduation etc . We love it with our friends as well. Homemade pasta,great seafood, and appetizers,wonderful wine selection, what else is there to say.

Mississippi
“Wonderful food and service”
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We're from Mississippi and my husband often has business dealings in Lafayette, La. This business trip, I tagged along. We decided to dine at Marcello's for dinner, and am I glad we did! The food is some of the best I have ever had. The mac and cheese is to die for. Nicole, the manager, was wonderful. She made us feel at home. Anything we needed was immediately taken care of. I ordered the Lamb Ragu and I have to say that I now dream of it, I liked it so much. A wonderful place for a date, a meeting or to get together with friends. We will definately be back.

“I came here last night with a few...”
Reviewed 27 December 2009

I came here last night with a few girlfriends, I was hesitant to come here because I thought it would be way too romantic. I was wrong it was perfect atmosphere, great if I were there on a date or with my girls. The decorations were pretty cool, not too much. They even had rugs under the tables, great for girls with heels, no chance of falling.

Now let's get to the food shall we, DELICIOUS! All three of us ate all of our pasta, I wanted to pick my bowl up and lick it! I ordered the fettuchinne add shrimp, it was 18 bucks. I will order it again. I did have to add pepper though. I just checkedthe website because I wanted to order the pasta again tbeat but they are closed till Tuesday =( they closed Sunday and Monday.

Houston, TX
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I travel to Lafayette frequently for business, and there is no shortage of wonderful restaurants in the area. On the recommendation of a coworker, I recently stopped in at Marcello's just to have a drink before going to one of my local favorites for dinner.

I was surprised to find the restaurant crowded in the middle of the week. The decor and atmosphere were charming and eclectic. We decided to stay for dinner, and I am glad we did. The food and service were fantastic. I look forward to my next trip back.

1 Thank crikkit