“Friendly staff but noisy location”

Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport
Ranked #24 of 50 Hotels in Lafayette
Honolulu
“Friendly staff but noisy location”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Somehow our reservation wasn't showing up (although made directly on the phone with Days Inn 1-800 number) but Lisa, the Front Desk clerk, was really helpful, made a new one, honoring our cheapest rate. Thumbs up for customer service. However, the location is noisy, not because it's next to an airport but because it's next to the railway and trains are blowing their horn when they pass in the middle of the night. If you are a deep sleeper, it's a good place for the price you are paying.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
_Kevin_P_GM, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 30 May 2015
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, it is through reviews that we are able to see our hotel in the eyes of our guests.

While we are next to the airport as well as a busy thruway, we will do all that we can to get you a room as far away from the noise as possible.

I take great pride in my staff and their actions to provide "The Best Value Under the Sun" to our guests, whether it is an issue with a reservation, or just help in finding just the right kind of place for dinner.

I look forward to you visiting with us in the future.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
houston
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My flight was cancelled and I stayed here. The room was very clean. i felt safe. the staff was very helpful and friendly! I did not have a car and this front desk clerk offered to send a runner to pick me up a pack of cigarettes. Talk about over and beyond, this was. I will stay here again and tell friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
kiran1030, Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to share reviews with our guests and staff members. We do try to please all of our guests.
We hope that when visiting the Lafayette area in the future, you make Days Inn/ Lafayette- Airport your Home away from Home!
Louisiana
Reviewed 26 October 2011

I have stayed at this property many times in the past few months. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff is quite welcoming! They make you feel like a member of the family! :) The rooms have always been quite comfortable and like a home away from home to me. Although I have come across a few minor issues during my stays, the staff has always been very quick to respond and fix any issue. I truely enjoy my stays here and will continue to stay when in town! The service is fantastic and that overcomes any minor issues that I have ever had!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
kiran1030, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
Thank you very much. I am glad you feel welcoming at our hotel. We try to make every guest feel like they are home away from home. I hope everybody can see and feel like you.
Thank you again.
Buda, Texas
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was one of the worst hotels we have ever stayed. It was listed on Travelocity as a 3-star hotel, but it seemed like a shabby 1 or 1½-star hotel to us. The hotel’s online description stated, “…all our rooms are newly renovated”, but this did appear to be correct: our room was worn, stained, and filthy. This hotel is badly managed and is not worthy in my opinion of a 3-star rating.

When we first arrived, the odor of sewage was overwhelming in our room. My wonderful DIY wife quickly identified the problem: she discovered the wax seal between the bathroom toilet’s base and the floor had deteriorated, thus causing a small amount of leaking sewage and the horrid stench. We asked for another room, which (after a few phone calls) was granted by the hotel staff.

The replacement room smelled much better, but we immediately noted its worn run-down appearance. The furniture was stained and battered. The bathroom floor was littered with dead insects and short curly hairs of unknown origin. The bathroom door was severely warped by water damage which caused us difficulty in opening and closing the door. The lower hinge on the bathroom door was damaged such that we were a bit concerned the door might come crashing down upon us as we entered and exited the bathroom. I am attaching photos.

To make things wretchedly worse, our room’s air conditioner was turned off when we arrived. When we first opened the door, our room’s air temperature was oppressively hot -- perhaps 85°F or 90°F degrees in my honest estimation. We immediately powered up the air conditioner, but it was apparently not an efficient unit and it took several hours for our room’s air temperature to reach a comfortable level. Because we arrived around 10 P.M., this made for a miserable and sweaty night’s sleep.

We booked this room for four contiguous days using Travelocity’s pre-paid Secret Hotel feature; therefore we were financially committed to stay here for all four days. The Secret Hotel feature is non-refundable and is therefore a “buyer beware” consumer risk. We willingly took a risk on this hotel and definitely lost.

As we sometimes do when cleanliness problems are suspect in a hotel, we drew a tiny letter “X” on a hidden corner of our room’s bed’s fitted sheet using a harmless water-soluble blue marker. We checked each night for our “X” and verified the sheets were not changed in all four days of our stay. I believe this is unacceptable and unworthy of the Days Inn reputation. This is certainly not the behavior we expected in a 3-star hotel.

When we returned to our room on our third day at 9 P.M., we discovered our room had not been serviced by housekeeping at all. Because of the late hour, we were exhausted and wished to shower with clean towels and retire for the night. So we gathered our room’s dirty towels from the previous day, took them to the hotel office, and politely asked to exchange for clean towels. Clean towels were gruffly handed over without any apology or explanation. The staff seemed genuinely annoyed at us for having the nerve to ask for clean towels.

This was listed on Travelocity as a 3-star hotel, but we believe it to be a 1 or 1½-star hotel. We will never stay here again. Our room was filthy, poorly serviced, and the hotel’s management obviously did not consider customer service to a priority. I recommend you to avoid this hotel.

What a shame. This hotel was built at a great location -- it is immediately adjacent to a fairly busy airport and across the street from a very busy railroad. Oddly enough, my wife and I love the sounds of nearby planes and trains. There is an excellent view of the Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad traffic from the property’s west-facing second floor rooms and a fantastic view of the Lafayette airport runway from the property’s east-facing second floor rooms. We visit Lafayette several times a year and would enthusiastically stay at this hotel here if it were not such a sloppy mess.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank punchcard
kiran1030, General Manager at Days Inn Lafayette Near Lafayette Airport, responded to this review, 14 August 2011
For many years Days Inn has managed to acquire a reputation of a clean, comfortable, friendly and relaxing environment. All Days Inn employees are trained to maintain this image to the highest achievable level possible to ensure comfort of each guest. The management of each Days Inn has been reassuring each guest that this image that we try so hard to maintain is portrayed on each visit of our valued guest.

We, the management of Days Inn in Lafayette, LA. were very disappointed to hear that your last stay with us was not, in your opinion, in upkeep of the Days Inn image.

In continuous effort to ensure each guest a happy and comfortable stay, I would like to offer you a sincere apology and an assurance that your next stay with us will be one that is of Days Inn image.

Thank you for your voice in what we can do to make your next stay at the Days Inn in Lafayette LA., joyous and comfortable.

Kevin

Travellers are raving about these Lafayette hotels

Derby, Kansas
Reviewed 25 May 2011

This hotel fit my budget. It had free breakfast, internet, and a clean room. The wireless internet in the hotel didnt during my time here so I had to go to the lobby.

Getting onto the main highways weren't much of a problem and weren't that far from this hotel so that was a plus. Downtown Lafayette and restaurants were within reasonable driving distance as well. This was not fancy what so ever, but it gave me a place to stay, shower, and rest during my Louisiana trip.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Thank You for your response. Your feedback is very valuable to make the guest stay more joyous and enjoyable.

Kevin