“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Coushatta Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kinder
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Have stayed here at least 3 times. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The food is good. The casino is very spacious. Have good times everytime we come.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Fred77089
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We have stayed at Coushatta several times & have always been pleased with our stay. We like staying in the Hotel because it's a shorter walk to the Casino & we are both seniors. The rooms in the hotel, of course, are a little older so not as up to date as some other hotels might be, but they are quite comfortable. They are building a new hotel (which will be connected to the hotel) and it looks like it will be finished within the next few months so it should be more comparable to other Casino hotels. The one thing I think they could change in the present hotel is to do away with all the bedspreads & go to the duvet covers. The duvet covers are washed so it just gives you a better feeling. I'm sure they wash the bedspreads periodically too, but with all the "germ news" on TV, I'm very leary of bedspreads.

The Casino at Coushatta is quite large & very easy to get around in. No, we didn't win, but were able to play a lot, which is our entertainment. It is not like Vegas, so don't go there expecting that, but if you just like to play, I think you'll have fun.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rhatfield
San Marcos, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I stayed at the Coushatta Chalets on12/26,27/2011. I asked for 2 queen size bed's and we got one bed and one sleeper sofa that no one could sleep on.I told them when Ichecked out that they need to put new sleeper's in that you can sleep on. I asked for non smoking room and we got a smoking room.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank pmurdock2
Round Rock, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

This was our first time going to Coushatta. We had heard many good things from friends who had gone in the past. So, we booked a trip without kids and with our best friends. We knew not to expect a Vegas atmosphere but overall, we were disappointed with what we found.

Check-in / Rooms: I had booked our rooms 10 weeks in advance of the trip. I had reserved 2 non-smoking rooms with king beds for two nights. At the desk, the clerk informed us we had a reservation for twin beds, smoking, for one night. After driving 5 hours to get there, that is not what I wanted to hear. We explained politely that was not what I had reserved nor would it have even been something I would have agreed to at the time I made the reservation. They explained they had no other non-smoking rooms left but would see what they could do. After about 20 minutes, they hooked us up with what I had originally requested. Once we got to the rooms, we found out why it took 20 minutes to fix our problem. Based on the odor of the rooms, it was more than obvious they had just given us smoking rooms and the 20 minute wait was to allow housekeeping time to put the no smoking signs up and to spray the rooms with deodorizer. Overall, the room was nice - plenty of space, nice bed, good a/c. The bath was fair with a tub that did not drain well and a shower fixture with extremely low pressure.

Casino - The casino was above expectations. There were adequate table games and more than plenty slots. We had a good time playing both. Our only disappointments here were the extreme lack of waitresses on the floor. Drinks were obviously heavily watered down and that was assuming you could get a wait person to stop by. In one case, we had to ask the pit boss to call up a waitress as we had not received service in over 30 minutes. I thought casinos wanted you slightly buzzed to ease the pain and reality of lost wages??

Food - We ate our first meal at their cafe which is where they also serve breakfast. Our first meal was dinner and we just had burgers and sandwiches. Food was great and the portions were huge. We ate breakfast there and had the $12 buffet. It was an average hot breakfast buffet with made to order omelets. Again, the food was good. Out last meal there was at their steakhouse. Steaks were pricey and way over cooked. I ordered a medium steak and was served a very well done piece of roast. The side of mushrooms and onions was unappetizing to look at and lacked flavor. The baked sweet potato and the Cesar salad was good - how could you screw that up. My $50 dinner was not worth it; should have just hit the Sonic in Kinder.

Overall, we had a decent time but Coushatta fell way short of expectations. I don't think we will return as it is too far to drive for lackluster ambiance and entertainment. f I lived an hour away, I think I might game there off and on, but I am not driving 5 hours again to only be disappointed.

Room Tip: Double check your reservation - they got ours wrong. Ask for a view facing east. The west view rooms...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Thomas G
Winter Garden, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

Just stayed at this hotel and other than having to change rooms immediately upon check-in it was really nice and comfortable. We didnt' stay in the original room due to a smell (what seemed like burnt tires) that hit us as soon as we opened the door. But the hotel staff quickly remedied the situation and gave us another room. The bed was VERY comfortable but the pillows weren't so great. The room as whole was nice w/ several amenites and a large bathroom. Definately enjoyed our stay there!

Room Tip: I think any room would be nice there.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cbfosterdog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinder
0.2 km away
0.1 km away
Coushatta Inn
Coushatta Inn
#1 of 1 in Kinder

Been to Coushatta Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK