All reviews plumbing issues tv channels front desk staff hotel restaurant new orleans bed was very comfortable interstate ihg bugs housekeeping lobby airport proximity shuttle
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed here the night before flying home from New Orleans area. This hotel is very close to the airport. We had to drive around to the other side, but it’s no more than ten minutes from the terminal.

On arrival, Kevin greeted us warmly and in no time we went up to our room. Oops, the entry and bathroom floors were very sticky. I went down to the desk and told Charmaine, and she said someone would be right on it. Then after just a few minutes there was a knock at the door. It was Charmaine with a mop and bucket! She cheerfully mopped the floor herself. Now that’s service!

We were not offered a free breakfast, but there is food service on the main floor. Beware, there closest restaurants or fast food are at least a couple miles away.

Our second floor room was nice, but large HVAC equipment was just outside our window. Didn’t bother us, but we aware. Also, our room faced Interstate 20 but we didn’t notice the noise. So ask for a front facing room if the traffic noise is a concern. The front facing rooms look out over the very ample free parking in front.

And, perhaps most important, there were lots of outlets to recharge all our devices.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Arrived to a very large and bright new hotel. My mother being in a wheelchair, we booked an accessible room, which was very large and well equipped for a wheelchair. The front desk staff were extremely helpful upon our arrival to make sure we were given the right room for my mother's needs. The hotel being new, was very clean, modern, with comfy beds. Although the sheets felt a bit worn already, rough feeling, but other than that, a perfect stay. Had breakfast one morning in the hotel restaurant, which was good. The bar didn't have a wine that I had chosen on the menu one evening, they only had the cheaper selections, but other than that, it was a fine stay, which I would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This is a beautiful, new hotel. The room was lovely and very clean. Nice size television (which made my husband happy). The bed was very comfortable. The front desk staff was super friendly and helpful! I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I don't mean literal bugs, the property was extremely clean. My door would not lock. The shower door had a large gap like the wall was not square (perhaps why the door did not lock?) Had some plumbing issues as well.

Had to change rooms and the staff immediately mad the situation right and were very polite. Then my wake up call (a back up for my other alarms) never came. Not good for business travelers especially since the clock was off.

I would give a try on another trip and hopefully they will be up and running by then. Not much within walking distance.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last week to wrap up our Southern Vacation. Kevin at the front desk did a great job making sure our airport shuttle was available at 4am and also the prior day to return our rental car. The 2 ladies driving were also friendly and efficient. Jeremy, our waiter in their on site restaurant, was very friendly and entertaining for the kids. The food was all warm and good. They have their own amazing potato chips. The pool was great for relaxing our last night before flying back to PA. It had a cool, lighted waterfall wall. The hotel only opened in June so it is very nice, clean, and safe. We would definitely stay here again! It is very convenient for the airport. No need to stay anywhere else in Kenner. The staff was very welcoming that we felt like family! Well done Kenner Holiday Inn staff! You have friends in PA!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family