New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Lexington Inn - Hammond

Lexington Inn - Hammond
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Palos Verdes, CA
“GREAT Price; Great Service; Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I needed a place for a week. The service and all were very good; excellent value too.
The accommodations were very good; great service to resolve to my complete satisfaction a couple of issues that developed. The staff were readily available and committed to providing the desired service and beyond!
The breakfast that was included in the stay was also very good, with a nice variety of food for one and one's family! It was more than adequate for me!
I would recommend this facility and location to all travelers; I would stay there again myself!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor; very nice and quiet!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank PVJOE
lovergirl79, General Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, 16 October 2011
Thank for you comments regarding your stay at Best Western University, Hammond,LA. We value the opionions of all our guests as our focus is to provide exceptional service and knowing that we have accomplished this goal with you just encourages us to thrive to the level of excellence that all of our guest deserve. Thank you again!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

I travel frequently (usually twice a month) because of my job and have stayed at nearly every hotel chain imaginable. I must say my experience at this hotel was superb from the the time I checked in until the time I checked out. The staff was not only extremely friendly, they were also very helpful by providing me with directions to the local mall, recommendations on nearby restaurants. As good as the staff treated me, the hotel's overall service was even better. The hotel was well maintained, as the lobby was very nice and presentable, while the outside was neat and painted with a mural detailing that famous Louisiana flavor. Also, my room was very clean and well furnished. Overall, I highly rate this room and will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Loranger, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

The service was timely and polite. The rooms were clean and fresh. I liked the quietness the most.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here! The staff was very friendly and responsive to my needs. I would definitely recommend this place to other people. My husband and I were here for a week and enjoyed every moment of it. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I would recommend booking with Keisha Maryland. She was very hospitable.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Vinton, LA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

The room was clean, smelled nice BUT our air conditioner did not keep the room cool. Lickily I travel with a fan...but usually only need it for the white noise. The staff makes (or breaks) a hotel and this staff lacks traing And has absolutely NO customer focus. Not many choices in town...so as lomg as you have low expectations for customer service you willbe OK with a clean bed to sleep in. If you plan to stay multiple nights be sure you tell the cleaning person and leave before noon, otherwise no cleaning will be done, no clean towels, no toilet paper, no trash can emptied.

Room Tip: Reserve a first floor room...no elevator. Bring a fan. Don't expect to sleep late because the...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank waslcajun
adorableme, General Manager at Lexington Inn - Hammond, responded to this review, 30 July 2011

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 985-419-2001.

Shekela Coleman