“Looks are deceiving!”

and 1 more site!
Magnuson Grand Hotel Hammond
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Hammond
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was the assigned hotel for the 15-16 World Series. Don't have a clue why they would put adults here much less kids. When you first walk in, it is beautiful but that is as far as the beauty goes. Much renovating needed in the rooms. (mold in the bathtub) Very dark, Had a burglary in the lobby our first night. The police warned us that the Motel 6 next door has a lot of "nightly" activity. The one thing going for it is Don's Seafood and Steakhouse across the street. It is the best ever! You must eat there! (And the employees were very nice)

If you are going to stay in Hammond go to US-51 just one street over. That seemed to be the nicer part of town

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank alexk71971
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

I hate to leave below average reviews for anyone, but I do feel this motel is below average and I will not stay there again. The hotel staff was very friendly and seemed to try and please. The lobby looked very nice upon entering. We were scheduled to stay at the motel for 13 nights while in town on business. When we got to the room we noticed a musty odor and should have requested another room immediately, however we went ahead and stayed the night in the room thinking that maybe it had been closed up without air conditioner running and it would soon get better. I woke up in the middle of the night smelling the unpleasant odor and decided we would not stay in the room another night. We informed the clerk at the front desk about the odor and requested another room. She apologized and said they did have another room available. We asked to see it first and it was much better than the first on, so we moved to it. We didn’t notice the unpleasant odor in this room; however that night we killed three roaches in the room. The next morning we checked out and moved to a different motel. We stayed at the Comfort Inn the remaining 11 nights and were very happy with everything there. I can’t understand how Quality Inn is rated above Comfort Inn on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank gbing
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I hate posting reviews that go the opposite direction of most of the prior reviews however I thought my stay at the Quality Inn & conference center in Hammond LA was simply average.

When you first get thru the front doors of this Quality Inn you will be amazed and go wow this place is pretty neat! The hall way, reception hall, sitting area are beautiful and it leads you to believe that the room are going to be majestic however it's quite the opposite.

We arrived at the hotel pretty late at around 10pm. The front desk was unattended at that moment so it gave me a lot of time to appreciate the decor. There was a gentleman from maintenance that came from somewhere behind the counters and he tried to page the front desk person however the person never picked up and it took about 10 minutes total time before they made it to the front desk. When the lady arrived the check in process was quick and easy.

I accidently turned on the wrong side of the hotel when we went to our room so I got to drive all the way around the building. The back was a pretty bizarre place, there were several cars parked there with people, possible workers, smoking and drinking beer in the middle of the parking lot. I'm not sure if it's common practice at this hotel, I'm just glad our room was far from this area.

When we finally did get to our room we were disappointed to find a basic old style Quality Inn room with nothing fancy. It wasn't even close to the quality of the reception area. When I did my usual check up I was very disappointed and disgusted to find a cigarette burn in the bed sheets. Usually you would see cigarette burns on the comforter however this time it was in the actual bed sheets. It's a big turn off for us, especially since we booked a non smoking king room. Since it was late at night and it’s quite a challenge to repack our car and change room we just stuck with it.

The night was average at best and the price was ok however I would appreciate it if hotels would be careful about not placing cigarette burned items in non-smoking rooms.

Breakfast was packed. The selection of hot food was big however items were not being refilled quickly. People were really scraping whatever was left at the bottom of the bowls and no one was there to bring in more food.

Overall the stay was average. It was not a bad hotel however some small improvements need to be made and maybe a slight update of the rooms would be appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I needed a hotel at the last minute, and this was one of the cheaper ones in the area. I was nervous it would be cheap at a cost, but it turned out to not be bad at all. The staff was very warm, friendly, and helpful. Even thought my room was not a suite, it still had a work desk, microwave, and mini fridge. The room wasn't full of fancy decor, but it was clean, the bed was VERY comfortable, and it had Community coffee in the room instead of the cheap, tasteless coffee that is usually provided by other hotels. Although I didn't stay for breakfast, a deluxe continental breakfast was offered. The pool area was clean and required the presence of an armband to get in, which I found to be an added bonus, as you don't EVER know if who is in the pool actually is staying there. I will stay there again if I ever need to go back to the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Well I can say that Our Wedding went almost exactly as planned! Samantha Sharp decorated the La Veranda beautifully. Brandon Perkins made sure that all the rooms were taken care off. Madonna Phillips made sure that things ran smoothly, and was there if I need her. Last but not least, Stephanie Poole, she started the long and wonderful journey with us to plan our spectacular night. And that's what it was! I can't thank the Quality Inn enough for making our Wedding that we will never forget!
The Quality Inn and the Staff members will always be close to my heart!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends