“Incredible caves and a great guide”

Jungle Boss Trekking Tour - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I went on the one-day Jungle Boss National Parks trek with a friend and we had a great day. It was made particularly fun by our guide Lana, who was so positive, enthusiastic and knowledgeable, and she spoke great English. She made a real effort to create a relaxed atmosphere in the group, and to tell us interesting facts during the day.

You visit the Paradise Cave which is amazing, then a small temple where you hear a bit of history. The highlight for me was the last activity - a short trek through the jungle and then a swim into a cave with headtorches! It was really memorable and I would recommend it to anyone looking to do a bit of activity and see the area who only has one day.

You need to be fairly fit as there's a bit of steep walking and clambering over sharp rocks, as well as to be prepared for a swim in the dark in cold water. But overall it's not super active and there's lots of chance to rest in between activities.

Highly recommended!

Jungle Boss H, Manager at Jungle Boss Trekking Tour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Klarutshka,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Jungle Boss National Park 1 day tour on Trip Advisor.

I'm really pleased to hear your feedback of your guide, Lana, we agree that she is so positive and enthusiastic - she really puts her all in to her job.
It's great to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and that you would highly recommend.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"life jackets"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We did the elephant cave and ma da valley day trek and loved it. Highlight was swimming in the second cave, but generally the whole day was brilliant, from just being in such a beautiful place, to eating the delicious and plentiful bbq lunch. The day was just about perfect for my wife and I in terms of physical exertion. Neither of us do a huge amount of exercise though, so fit people looking for a challenge may want to to the abandoned valley one instead.

You will need to walk through rivers so will need shoes that are ok when wet. If you have small feet you can borrow appropriate shoes (up to size 43 i think). Otherwise a decent pair of sandles are probably a good idea. We used walking boots and they got really heavy and squelchy so wouldn't recommend!

Jungle Boss H, Manager at Jungle Boss Trekking Tour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear Stephen H,

Thank you for taking time to write a review for a Jungle Boss tour on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that your Elephant cave & Ma Da valley 1 Day tour was brilliant. You are quite correct to point out that the difficulty level for this one is more moderate and that anyone looking for a more strenuous day should maybe try the Abandoned Valley tour. The swimming on your trip is slightly longer though so if you lie a swim it suits you better.

Thanks for mentioning about the boots, we are working on getting larger sizes soon, however if you have your own and don't mind getting them a bit muddy and wet then that can be comfier.

Again thanks for the excellent review and we look forward to having you join us again next time.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I did the one day tour with Jungle boss and it was awesome. Totally worth the money. Ok it's a bit expensive but there are many people involved... working, equipment etc. It's not a thing you could do on your own... You need a guide, You will not regret it. Thanks Jungle boss! One of my highlights...after Sapa :)

1  Thank Aziza Z

Dear Aziza A,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your tour on Trip Advisor.

I'm really glad that you thought the Abandoned Valley 1 Day tour was worth the money, as you're right - there are many people and costs involved in making sure the tour is run well and safely.

We are so glad to hear that this was one of your highlights of your trip.

Once again thanks, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had an incredible day exploring the Abandon Valley with Bamboo and her amazing team! It was one of the coolest experiences I've done. The jungle in the Phong Nha park was beautiful, but the trek and swim through the caves were unbelievable. Our guide, Bamboo, was amazing. She had a wonderful, sunny attitude, but was also extremely professional to ensure we were always safe as we navigated through some very tricky rocky terrain and around poison ivy. The team of porters were also amazing. They were pros and literally helped us up and down the mountain.

The company lists the tour as 'moderate to strenuous', but I would definitely air more on the side of strenuous. It was not an easy hike by any means and there was a lot of difficult and muddy terrain, however it was my favourite experience in Vietnam. It was beautiful and rewarding, and a perfect escape from the craziness of the cities. I would recommend this for anyone who is up for a challenge!

1  Thank Jocey1408
Jungle Boss H, Manager at Jungle Boss Trekking Tour - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Jocey,

Thanks for taking time to review Jungle Boss on Trip Advisor.

Bamboo and the team were delighted to hear that you had an incredible day with Jungle Boss on the 1 day Abandoned Valley tour. We appreciate your comments that the tour was more on the side of strenuous for you and I agree that it is definitely not an easy hike. We also have an even more challenging and strenuous tour, the 3 day/2 night Hang Over hence why our 1 day is easier in comparison. It's good to know that this was still your favourite experience despite it being difficult.

Hope to see you again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We did this tour in march and booked it one day before in the office in Phong Nha (that works really good). Our guide did this tour multiple times and was very fast on the track - me and the other participants had to hurry up most of the time while taking care of the muddy way and the stones. We don't really had time to enjoy the landscape. Visiting the dark cave like a cave explorer was a great new experience but it was also dangerous. The guide helped us showing how to do it best but it was still challenging. I can't imagine that a 8 year old children can do this and the jungle track.

The BBQ was very good and i also loved to swim in the cave.
All in all the day was very challenging and we were all happy that we all arrived safely at the highway again. Retrospective it was fun but i am not sure if i would book this tour again.

1  Thank thetripscuit

Dear thetripscuit,

Thanks for sharing your review of our most challenging Jungle Boss tour on Trip Advisor we really appreciate it.

I'm sorry to read that your guide was a little too quick for the pace you expected/would be comfortable with. All our guides, whether experienced or not, are trained to the same standard and have the same itinerary that they follow each day. We do run the tours daily and fortunately for us most of the customers who choose to do the Abandoned Valley are very fit and really enjoy the challenge. I'm still glad though that you were able to feel like a cave explorer when you visited Dark cave. I'm pleased the guide was able to help you along at the difficult spots and am sorry you felt it was too dangerous.
We do indeed allow children as young as 8 years on this tour and for the most part they can be as good, if not better than, the adults that accompanying them - I often think they show no fear and have such a thirst for adventure that as adults we can have grown out of, or forgotten.

My favourite part of this tour was also the BBQ lunch and the swimming in the cave. I'm delighted to know you did think it was fun however maybe next time a more relaxed, less difficult tour could be better.

We do hope you will visit Phong Nha again in the future.