“Extremely Interesting”

Cajun Country Swamp Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Trip advisor Hall of Fame member does eco-swamptours through picturesque cypress/tupelo swamp. See a variety of swamp wildlife such as alligators,egrets,herons,turtles,etc. Owner is native cajun with college degrees in Zoology and Botany.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

To start I was planning on going to a early morning tour. After realizing that I wouldn't make it I called and spoke with Shelly or Sheila regarding this. She was very, very understanding and suggested that I take a tour later in the day. I agreed it was the BEST fun learning experience I had in a long time. Bob the tour guide had a funny sense of humor which added to the tour. I will be returning .....next time with my children.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"these guys"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this tour while visiting New Orleans. If you arrive more than 15 minutes ahead of time, just park your car and wait at the bunker. There is no building that indicates the tour. They come with a sign 15 minutes prior to boarding. Bob was our guide, and he was so awesome. He knew everything there is to know about Lake Martin. My son “fished” for an alligator, measured the depth of the Lake, and proved how strong the cypress trees are. Even my teenage daughters had a grand time. Sunscreen is greatly advisable. There were mosquitoes and other insects. We did not use insect repellent and were mildly attacked. However, we did not itch or hurt. Bob was so kind and a true Southern Gentleman. My daughter’s wished Bob was their grandfather, as well. Bob had a short conversation with a guide from another tour company, which was so nice. Our family felt like part of Bob’s. By the time we were done with the tour, my kids had such a profound respect for the swamp and all of the creatures in them. Alligators are to be respected and not feared. The swamp is not a scary place but a place beauty and majesty.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked the tour while visiting our daughter in Baton Rouge and we’re so glad we did. Our tour guide Bob was awesome: great personality and extremely knowledgeable!

On our drive that morning, we were discussing whether we’d really see any gators / wildlife. Then within the 1st 5 minutes of the tour, Bob spied gator #1 ... we saw at least 2 dozen more plus many different birds and turtles, all in a beautiful setting.

We highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We all boarded a small comfortable flat-bottom boat. It was a beautiful day and the views were magnificent. Saw many species of birds that were described by our guide. Lots of alligators--or ALL sizes-- were also out. Our guide slowed and stopped the boat often to explain the geography of the area, past and present, the wildlife, and the history of the land. Fabulous. Highly recommend.