“Nighmare at the Comfort Inn” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
Harker Heights
“Nighmare at the Comfort Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

The Comfort Inn at 1100 Delhi Ave. in Bossier City Louisiana is one of the most awful hotels I have visited. I made reservation to stay overnight at the hotel on May 25, 2008. After checking in at 5:00 p.m. my wife and I placed our luggage in room 126 and went to dinner at a nearby casino. We returned to the hotel at 11:00 p.m. expecting to get a good night sleep before heading for Texas, but instead we were disappointed to find that the bedding in our assigned room was severely stained and contained numerous strands hair. I contacted the front desk clerk to inform her of the situation and was told that the problem would be resolved shortly. However, after waiting for over 30 minutes, I decided to visit the front desk clerk personally. The hotel clerk told me that she might have another room for my wife and me. At approximately 12:10 the clerk informed me that I could stay in room 140. Unfortunately, room 140 was in nearly the same unacceptable condition as room 126. At about 12:20, the clerk stated that she was trying to contact the housekeeper supervisor to come in to make one of the rooms ready. I informed the clerk that I was not going to wait any longer for a room and requested a refund. Needless to say, a refund was not an option. The clerk stated that she would make a record of the incident for the next manager. The clerk also stated that a refund would have to be approved by management and a manager would not be available until 8:00 a.m. that morning. After several attempts to contact the manager and nine days later the General Manager for the hotel finally returned my phone call. When I explained that I wanted a refunds since I never stayed the night at the hotel, because of the unacceptable condition of the room I was astonish by his comment. He stated that the night clerk record reflected that I checked out at 5:19 a.m. on the morning of May 26. This was impossible since I arrive home at about 5:15 a.m. Only one of two events could have caused such discrepancy, either the GM lied or the night clerk falsified the records, both reflect the unethical standards at the hotel. The bottom line is that I was not given a refund even though I never stayed in the room and the hotel has a policy of SATISFACTION GURANTEE.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jannbro
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2008

I stayed at this property last year and they were doing some renovations. It was OK then, but the construction added to the noise and confusion around the property. Most of the upgrades have been completed, and the property is much more comfortable than before. The carpeting was pretty new and the room was freshly painted and had new granite countertops in the bath area. It's an old hotel, and still has some of the old hotel "aroma", but overall the rooms are comfortable and clean with a nice bed. They still have a few bugs to work out from the remodel. The phone in my room didn't work and some of the electrical outlets didn't work. The only problem I had was at checkout when the attendant was more interested in working on the computer than getting me checked out. This hotel is definitly above average for the price you pay. It is the best value for your dollar that I've found in the area.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — checkout
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2008

After reading all the terrible reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay here, but we had no problems during our 4 night stay. The staff is friendly and the room service crews are determined to straighten up your room; they will come back 2-3 times. The breakfast buffet isn't very good, but the staff was very friendly. It was a little strange to see a hotel in the middle of a neighborhood, but we had no problems during our stay.

Stayed May 2008
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2007

The photos on the website show a hotel that is reasonable, but by no means any thing too nice. I called the hotel directly to ask what kind of area it was in because it appeared to be downtown, off interstate. The person I spoke with said it was really nice, they never had any problems or criminal activity, that it was in a residential area.......WHAT AN UNDERSTATEMENT!!! The residential area was wasted away dilapitated shotgun shacks, with what appeared to be women conducting "buisness" extremely close by. We had repeated knocks on the door all night looking for "Big Daddy". This place makes you scared to even sleep, which we did consider leaving, however due to a festival, there wasn't anything available anywhere.... We figured if we made it till the next morning, we would cut our trip short. My husband woke up to find a "guest" under the sheet, a very friendly, big, cock roach. The toilet was filthy, with stuff floating in it. The tub had wierd stains. In the bathroom, on the wall was suspicious stains........All of it made me want to throw up. I couldn't wait to get home and scrub my body. The management was so incredibly rude, if he was management, he didn't even know how to speak proper English.

Choice Hotels should seriously reconsider their franchise with this hotel ( I hate to even call it a hotel). I imagine a homeless shelter would be more comfortable, not to mention clean.

• Liked — nothing!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
3 Thank bigmac97
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2003

We checked in late on a Friday evening in August. Had a jacuzzi room.
Floor was sopping wet;carpet was damp. Half of the knobs on the jacuzzi were missing. Bathroom is smaller than a phone booth. It was a smoking room (only room available) and ashes in dresser drawers. A/C was on full blast (probably to dry the floors,)so it was a freezer in the room. Maid service was a guy in the parking lot shouting, "You checking out? You want you linens changed?" when we left the room each morning.
When we returned that night, a/c once again on full blast (feezing) and floor/carpet still wet. Second night, fire alarm went off. Lady at front desk said, "Oh, it's okay, it's on all over the hotel." Three fire trucks arrived. Another hotel guest was running around parking lot in boxer shorts shouting, "I think it's this room--I saw a flashing light." Firemen were running up and down stairs, parking lot, never found fire, thank goodness. Overall experience was very bad. We expected more for a $90/nt room. Wouldn't stay there again if it was free.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member