See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 May 2017

Upon my arrival I was greeted by Coreen. She was joking around with another guest who lives there. The two of them made me feel welcomed and a part of their conversation. I will admit that the rooms are rather small but I did like the fact that I had a larger fridge. The kitchen was nice to have since I was there for a week. My favorite part about my stay was how the staff all treated people. I would highly recommend Crossland and their staff to everyone. I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

The staff here at Crossland is awesome, the rooms are very nice and have been upgraded. Penny the G.M. is very sweet and kind and will try to help you with anything you need to help make your stay enjoyable. I really love it here. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank jenjam63
Management response:Responded 20 January 2018

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

my overall stay was alright. Penny the G.M. is a very outstanding person, that cares about the welfare of people lives. She will do everything humanly possible, to make each guest feel as comfortable as possible. She has some very outstanding employees. Tim the maintaintice man is very quick to get to all issues immediately. The rooms are decent, however you are very close to things such as Albertson's gro, Big Lots, Sonic, Chili's, which are all in walking distances. etc. You are only a few blocks from the Bossier Police, so any trouble they will respond within min.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Linda P
Penny K, General Manager at Siegel Select - Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Thank you from all of us here at Crossland Shreveport Bossier. It warms our hearts to know you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

This motel provided an uncomfortable experience for my husband and me. Our booking was for three nights, and it was placed for a non-smoking room. Unfortunately, the room smelled heavy with cigarette smoke residue. The first evening, my husband went to the office and inquired whether the room we received was actually a non-smoking room. The desk manager assured us that it was. My husband told her that it smelled heavy with smoke. We expected her to switch us out of the room since we were dissatisfied, but she only offered to fix the situation by deodorizing the room the “next morning.” We figured that it was because all the rooms were booked. Because I have asthma, I had a rough first night and was unable to sleep due to coughing from the smell. The next morning, I was going to cancel our last two nights. However, there were no other hotels locally available. So, we went back to the office the next morning and pleaded with the morning manager for another room. She was very kind and accommodated us. The second room was still smelly, but it wasn’t an odor from cigarette smoke. As for the rooms, they both need major renovation. Both rooms had kitchenettes that were very old. The microwaves were dirty, and the sinks and stoves were rusted. The second room’s hot and cold water was reversed, and the hot water was scalding. The stove vent light and fan didn’t work. The motel advertised “fully equipped kitchens,” yet there were absolutely no dishes, utensils, or cookware provided. Bathrooms also provided very thin towels, and fresh towels were not provided each day. My husband inquired about them the second night, and they said that there was an extra charge for clean towels. The shower curtains were stained and looked dirty. They had tiny mirrors in the bathrooms with no counters; therefore, this made it difficult getting ready in the morning (we had to use the kitchen counters and go back and forth). Plus, it was the only mirror in the entire room. With the second room, there was a crusty stool stuck to the outer part of the toilet. My husband cleaned this himself because he was too embarrassed to request housekeeping. Both rooms had newer mattresses which were decent and comfortable. The second room we had was considered handicapped. We could assume it once had only one bed due to one bedframe in the middle of the wall. However, the room had two queen size beds which made it extremely difficult to walk between as there was very little room. There was only enough room for one leg to walk between the beds; this could present a danger as the bedframes were metal and sticking out from the box springs. A handicapped person would have to sit on the end of the bed and make his/her way towards the upper part of the bed to get in (this would not be conducive). The dresser and nightstand in the first room was falling apart, but the second room had much nicer furniture. The televisions were analog. It was a very uncomfortable stay!

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Abby C
Penny K, General Manager at Siegel Select - Bossier City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

I deeply regret that your stay was not a pleasant one. Please accept my apology for not being able to accommodate your needs and provide the type of service that we are truly capable of. We want our guest to be happy and feel at home when they stay with us.
If you would like to contact the hotel and speak with me personally, I would be more than happy to take the time and address each issue with you. Our hours of operation have changed from 11:00am until 7:00pm. I can be reached at (318) 747-5800. Thank you for your time and input. Have a great day!
Best Regards,
Penny K
(318) 747-5800

Reviewed 13 June 2016

This would have been a decent review, except for the fact that when I arrived to check in about 11 PM, I was told by the desk clerk they had given away from confirmed, reserved-with-a-credit-card, non-smoking room and that there were no more non-smoking rooms available. "It's not my fault," stated the desk clerk. It certainly was not MY fault, so I am not sure who she thought should take the blame!

It took a lot of righteous indignation and a check on their website to point out that they were still accepting reservations for similar non-smoking rooms (!!!) for her to finally agree to look for, and then find, an available room. This is a totally unacceptable scenario for any motel, and it certainly was not what I wanted to encounter after a long drive into town. If they have a credit card on file, and a cancellation policy in place, there is no excuse to not hold a reserved room until the posted checkout time the next day!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo