“Very nice hotel - I'll stay here again” 4 of 5 bubbles

TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Very nice hotel - I'll stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

The staff was VERY nice, including faxing off a long document (free). Housekeeping forgot to replenish my coffee first day here (although the front desk gave me several to make up for it) and there is no covered parking check-in area - otherwise I'd give it a 5. Room is excellent - walk-in closet, HDTV with many channels, pullout desk, comfy bed, decent kitchen (everything but an oven). Location is 3 out of 5; right next to I-20, but nothing I'm interested in within a 10 minute walk. Breakfast was typical towneplace; waffles, hard-boiled eggs, and packaged food. There is a nice breakfast area (unusual for Towneplace). Gym is okay (elliptical and two treadmills, plus small selection of weights). There's a pool, but I didn't have time to use it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, 30 July 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I wanted to personally thank you for filling out a TownePlace Suites survey for our hotel. We treat survey responses as our hotel's report cards, and it means a lot to myself and my entire team when our guests take the time to grade us. We believe in, above all, providing superior service, and should you need anything in the future, please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we may demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Barnabas Chamberlain
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

We stayed here June 24-June 26. The staff was very friendly and pet friendly. The room was clean and had everything we needed for our stay. The hotel is a little hard to find but is close to downtown and other attractions. We will stay here next time we come and suggest those with pets stay here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Good morning fellow pet lover!

I'm glad you found us! We are just as happy to have you as we are to have your extended pet family. Our management is changing very shortly to include a new General Manager, Barnabas Chamberlain, and he is just as welcoming and excited to include the entire family as I am.

Please come see us again!

Tiffany Jassel
New Orleans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

The staff here was unbelievably helpful & friendly. They couldn't do enough to accommodate us. I was there with a group & they went out of their way the help us with everything we needed. The rooms were spacious & each had a complete kitchen. The suites would be fabulous for a family. The location was very convenient to I-20, the Boardwalk shops & restaurants. The area was mostly commercial but safe. Free continental breakfast was ok but not available before 7 on weekends. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Loved the suites for a family group!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dee70471
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Good afternoon Dee!

The team at this facility is our greatest asset; from housekeeping to front desk to breakfast and maintenance. We've been blessed with staff who truly care about each other and our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the effort they put forth to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. We can train our staff to do their jobs, but we can not train them to care. Luckily, we don't have to!

I wish you continued safe travels!

Tiffany Jassel, General Manage
Ardmore, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Those of us who travel with pets search for the genuine pet friendly hotel. This is usually an ordeal.Well, look no further. This hotel was one of the best experiences we have ever had with our retired service dog. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We always felt welcomed and never a second class citizen. So many "pet friendly" rooms are dirty. Not here. It was pristine all the way.

• Stayed April 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, 23 May 2011
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our staff and accommodations. We respect the value of our guests' extended family, so much so that they're invited to stay for free (with Mom and Dad of course!). Additionally, the upkeep on rooms that pets have stayed in is a thorough, detailed process. I truly appreciate that you took the time to recognize the effort we put into making a pet-friendly room brand new again. Please visit us again soon.

I wish you continued safe travels.

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

You have to really watch for the road to the entrance or you will miss it, especially if you are coming in at night. The rooms were very clean but the air conditioning did not work well in one of them. Breakfast stopped before the time it was supposed to on a Sunday morning. Other than that, rooms were clean and a good size. Kitchen was well-equipped. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Good afternoon sir,

Thank you! I appreciate the kinda remarks regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team has been working so hard lately (even being understaffed!) while we've been interviewing and rebuilding our family. It truly means a lot that you've recognized their job well done, and I can not wait to share this with my team in the morning! The little things like filling out surveys and reviews are not little at all; it means a lot to all of us.

I agree in regards to this location being a little hard to get to. I'm relatively new to the area myself, and that's a huge concern of mine that I'm currently investigating ways to improve.

Very Sincerely,