“Nice and Homey with Easy Access to Shopping”

Residence Inn Baton Rouge Towne Center at Cedar Lodge
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 11 July 2012

This hotel is a newer one and now my new hotel of choice when in Baton Rouge. Within walking distance to a large upscale strip mall with a stores such as WholeFoods, Books-a-Million and several good restaraunts. Rooms were very clean. I stayed here with my 2 boys and my parents while in Baton Rouge to visit other family.We had a 2 bedroom suite. Kitchen area is a good size and adequately stocked with basic cooking utentsils. I tend to cook a meal or two in my room so we had what we needed to do this. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk were very friendly and greeted us each time we walked into the building. The housekeeper assigned to our room was a sweetheart. On day three of our visit we requested that our room be cleaned at a certain time. We were graciously accomodated and a second housekeeper came to the room to help out.

A good hot breakfast was served each day. The menu changed daily and ranged from scambled eggs, sausage and potatoes, french toast, and buiscuts and gravey. Hot waffles can be made each day. Fresh fruit, cereals, bagels and oatmeal were also available. Better than most hotels I've stayed in. There is an outdoor pool and basketball court that my kids enjoyed each day. The laundry facility is very nice and clean with ample amount of machines. There is a fitness facility but I didn't use this. What I liked most about this Residence Inn was the "library area". It was in front of the building and set up like a study with a TV and chairs and sofas. I was able to enjoy my morning newspaper in this room rather than having to sit in the breakfast area and take up space.

We will definately be back for a future stay!

Room Tip: Don't choose a room overlooking the pool. The pool is outdoors and open until 11pm. This could g...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Let me start off by saying that I always stay at this Residence when I come through Baton Rouge. Normally we only stay for a day because it is on our route leaving home or going back and I have always been quite pleased. The front desk people are very nice, friendly, and accommodating. We get a room and it is always clean and we get a good nights sleep every time. Well, this time we were in town for bowling and we stayed here and it wasn't up to the standards that I had come to expect. I have good and bad things that I took note of on this trip. The location is excellent- it is in an area where there is plenty of shopping and good food very closeby. My particular room had a toilet that you had to hold down the handle for it to flush properly. The lighting in the bedroom left alot to be desired because there is track lighting but no ceiling light so it was pretty dark in the bedroom. I was dying of thirst so I turned on the ice machine and poured water from the faucet and YUCK! The water was horrible! Perhaps that is the reason the coffee doesn't taste good. The wifi is free and they also have wired access so that is great. Breakfast is okay, they do have hot selections so it is more than continental. The bed is super comfortable and no problem with sleeping at all. They have a roomy living area with a flat screen TV although the TV is pretty small. Up to date living areas. The room was very clean on arrival but housekeeping while there was not that good. The shower wasn't cleaned when we came back to our room although it was obvious the housekeepers had been in our room. (the housekeepers were very nice though) Also, the housekeeper did not refill our sugar or cream so we had to go downstairs and get more for our coffee. I also went to the store and bought coffee to go into the coffee pot and bottled water so that the coffee wouldn't taste so bad. My husband didn't mind the coffee because he uses French vanilla in everything so all coffee tastes great to him. I was disappointed on this trip since I was sure this was a great hotel- like I said, we always stay here. But on our next trip we will check out another hotel. I wouldn't say I'm never coming back but I think I need to see what else is out there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

This property is a (fairly) new Residents Inn. Lobby is nice. Have happy hour with food (didn't participate). My son was attending a day camp and I was working. Small tennis/basketball court was a good evening activity. Several families in the pool. I thought the 179 rate was fair. Friend stayed 1 block away at a slightly shabbier Homewood Suites for 129. Location excellent near many restaurants and shopping (including BR's only Whole Foods)

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed here one night using Marriott points on the way from Texas to Florida. Location was excellent, easy to get to from I-10 but far enough away to be a quiet respite from the busy highway. We had absolute quiet the whole night!

Since we were just stopping over, we did not get to enjoy the area but there were plenty of restaurants and shopping in nice new centers right next to the hotel.

We did have an unpleasant cooking smell in the room from the previous guests I assume. Once we were in the bedroom with the door closed it was not a problem. I do think the sheets and towels may need to be replaced soon, seemed to be getting a bit threadbare.

Overall a very nice restful stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I was referred to the property by another friend, and she was absolutely correct. The property in incredibly clean, the breakfast great, but the staff, from the Manager Max to everyone else, even the cleaning crew, all had smiles. Very comfortable beds. Nice kitchen and bath area. One must meander a bit to get to this property as it is by the wonderful Towne Center, but so worth it. It is not on the busy I-10 /I-12 highway, so very quiet. Many great eating options, including the Whole Foods.

Room Tip: I enjoyed facing the back of the hotel as there was much green space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends