“huge comfortable room”

Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed 24 September 2017

the room we stayed in was huge! The bed was very comfortable. Décor was very nice in room and bathroom, which was very large, too! Had a few minor complaints; the staff addressed these quickly. If ever in Baton Rouge again, will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Allison C, Director of Sales at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Thanks so much for the review! We look forward to welcoming you back and earning that fifth star for a flawless stay next time!

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

My first time staying here and won't be my last. It's a beautiful building with kids of amenities. My room was massive. I believe it was an upgrade but there was a large bed and a large couch. The bathroom was spacious and well appointed. It was one of the better showers I have had. I also loved that they stocked Starbucks coffee in the room.

My qualms are fairly petty but when you travel a lot the little things can matter. I was on a conference call first thing so didn't make it to the concierge lounge until 9:15. Too bad. They shut it down at 9 sharp. No grab-and-go drinks or snack either. The only other option was to sit and order in the lobby but I didn't have time for that.

Parking was not very convenient to the lobby. There may be some shortcuts but I was unable to find them during my short stay.

It's fairly far out of town so if you need to be close to the center of action this may not be the best location.

Still, it's a lovey hotel and will be where I stay when in town.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Allison C, Director of Sales at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Thanks so much for the generous review and comments! Our team will be thrilled to hear your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I have never written a bad review since joining trip advisor. There is a first time for everything. If there had only been one incident during our stay I would have overlooked it but this week-end just turned into a comedy of errors. I initially booked two rooms for two nights and one room for one night. Two days before arrival I changed the reservation to be three rooms for two nights. The day of our arrival I called the front desk and asked to have two of the three rooms adjoining. I was told they could accommodate that request but we would need to upgrade to a superior room. When the first party arrived they were placed in what was to be one of the adjoining rooms. When we arrived an hour or so later we were told that the adjoining room that was being held for us was no longer available and had been placed in a VM status. We were placed in a room down the hall. The next morning I went downstairs to tell them I didn't want to pay for an upgraded room if they couldn't accommodate our adjoining room request. The front desk clerk was very nice and accommodating. We were moved to another floor as was our daughter and her family to the adjoining rooms. Just an inconvenience with three small children and everything that goes along with that. I find it hard to believe that the initial adjoining room was ever available and don't know why we weren't put in these rooms when we checked in. Everyone we encountered at the front desk was very customer service oriented. They just didn't seem confident in what they were doing and didn't seem to have the system down. The check in process took much longer than it should have and for it to be wrong when we got there just compounded things. The first morning room service order was not correct. The breakfast downstairs didn't go much better. Three of us ordered the buffet but were waiting on one order from the kitchen. The waitress came out and told us they were plating the food in the kitchen so we went ahead and got our food from the buffet. We were completely finished with our breakfast, including made to order omelettes, before the plate that was "on its way out" made it to the table. At least a 20 minute delay. The only highlight of that dining experience was the gentleman making omelettes. He was pleasant and makes a great omelette! Sorry I didn't get his name. We were gone all day and returned to the hotel around 10:00 p.m. The two adjoining rooms were not serviced which was not a problem because we hadn't slept in those beds but we did use the towels after we were moved before 9 a.m. I would chalk this up to the room move but the friends in the 3rd room told me their room was not cleaned either. Obviously there is an issue with housekeeping as I am not the first one to mention a problem there. We had a hotel staff member knocking on our door at 6:30 a.m. to deliver coffee we had not requested. We were sound asleep. Then instead of walking to the elevator lobby she proceeded to talk on her radio in the hallway where I'm sure everyone around was still sleeping. There were wine glasses left outside the door of the first room that remained there the entire weekend. The room service dishes were left outside our daughters room even after she called at least three times to have them removed. There were just so many little things that I couldn't overlook. The hotel is beautiful and in a great location with a good parking set up. Something needs to be done to improve service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with us. We take great pride in the service that we provide to each guest and anything short of fantastic is not acceptable. I am sorry that your experience did not reflect this. Please know that we will use your feedback as a continuing training tool to prevent future occurrences. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to providing flawless service during your next visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Traveling through Louisiana and stopped at the Renaissance Baton Rouge, what a great decision! Staff was extremely friendly, Courtney at the front desk was very knowledgeable. She recommended a great spot for lunch. Will definitely be staying again when in town!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thanks so much for the five stars and lovely comments! Our team will be thrilled to learn that you were happy with their suggestions. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Very pleased with the ease of checking in. Room very clean. Shower spacious and water was hot. Appreciated the refrigerator in the room. Location great. We would definitely stay again!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Allison C, Director of Sales at Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks so much for the generous review and compliments! Our team will be thrilled to hear you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and earning that fifth star!