All reviews allergic to cats electric fireplace yummy breakfast my wife and i porch swing sized bed front porch bourbon distilleries each morning pam midway linens country
Reviewed 28 November 2017

I was amongst a group of 12 girls that booked this BNB well in advance. When we showed up the Inn Keeper was sleeping on the couch and seemed out of sorts when we all arrived. The woman was not friendly and seemed quite irritated with all of us. After having us decide which rooms we all were going to sleep in she just walked away. We were never greeted with a smile and it really was as if this was an inconvenience to her. As for the evening, we were in the dining area and noticed ketchup bottles on a table with dried on ketchup on it. The syrup containers were out and had dried syrup running down the sides. Us girls were playing boards games and a bug climbed up one of the girl's legs, she screamed. A few minutes later the bug landed on my ring finger, at that point I was done. Walking around through the kitchen to get to me room, we noticed the kitchen was very dirty and dishes in the sink, cat food laying on the counter and the stove and microwave were filthy. Also, there was a cat roaming around the inside of the house, trying to get into our rooms. A few of us are allergic to cats. We did not eat breakfast due to the un-cleaniness of this place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2017

The lady running the place needs to be a lot more friendly to her guests. This place had light switches that were not working, a smoke detector hanging from the ceiling without batteries, loose boards on the back porch. The kitchen was very dirty to say the least. We did not stay for breakfast due to the condition of the kitchen. The lady running it offered our group no explanation except that she was tired. Needless to say our group of 12 will not be returning.I agree with Holly's review from 2 weeks ago, this lady seemed stressed and needs to get more help.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank TOhio
Reviewed 16 October 2017

First let's start with the good - great location, staff is friendly. Everything else, I would rate about a C. Starting with the fact that about five minutes after checking in, I took a NASTY fall off the back step. The step was rotted and came completely loose from the decking. Two days later, I'm still in pain. The innkeeper did come out and offer to give me some ice, etc. She was genuinely sorry, but quite frankly this was so dangerous. Her repair consisted of using metal brackets to screw the step back to the rotted wood, and one of the screws was sticking out of the tread about 1/4 inch. An older person could seriously injure themselves. Keep in mind that I was offered NOTHING in the way of a comp - not a free, night or anything.

Rooms are good - clean, spacious and well stocked. NOTE: Walls/ceilings are super-thin, so you can hear everything your neighbors are doing - and I mean EVERYTHING. Breakfast was just okay for me. I think they need to understand that people are in town to sight see, so only having breakfast start at 8:30 is quite the drag. That area is too small and congested and they kept running out of everything - juice, plates, coffee, etc. It was good, just super annoying. We needed a coffee pot in our room.

My whole take is that the lady running it is super-stressed out and needs way more help. The Woodford Inn in Versailles is way better than this place.

Room Tip: Wifi does not reach the rooms in the back. Pick a room in the main house. Drawback is no coffee in those rooms and walls are super-thin.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Holly L
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Beautiful furnishings!!! All the amenities you would want. Friendly staff. Yummy breakfast! Very close to many attractions and great restaurants. Check out the little town of Midway...so cute! Historic buildings and scenic drives close by. We highly recommend and would come here again!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

The B&B is conveniently located near several of the Bourbon distilleries. Like most B&B the decor and furniture is interesting and eclectic. The room was clean, but could have been a little cooler though I think we were on the side of the house that gets the afternoon sun. The rooms do all have a TV and DVD player, and there are movies available for use. The breakfast was very good, and they even made gluten free muffins for my friend, and they were good! Only issue I had was the cats as I am allergic and did not realize they roam everywhere until I noticed the cat hair on the linen. Luckily I had my medicine with me and all was good.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends