“Quality Short Informational Tour”

Battle of Richmond Visitors Center
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Richmond
Reviewed 21 January 2017

I have to say that from the moment I stepped onto the porch, I was welcomed with a warm hand shake and smile.

The way each room is laid out and how they provided the information was perfect. Not to much or little. Right amount. It did not bore me, kept my attention. I learned a lot from this tour. It has 5 rooms, 3 with videos that you can listen too while reading the note cards.

Phil was very kind and provided me with great restaurants to go to while in the area. He also is knowledge in the civil war and gave great insight to other areas I visited and how they all tie in together.

I liked how they had pictures and the names of the soldiers that were a part of the battle or referenced to the battle. I found a last name that I am going to check out to see if they have any relations with my family.

Will worth the visit. Thank you!!

1  Thank Michelle G
"history"
in 24 reviews
"sights"

Reviewed 2 January 2017

The structure and grounds are on the land that was the site of the Battle of Richmond. The Center recently added an outdoor Parrott rifle. There are plans to add a limber and caisson to the collection.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I have passed this place countless times on the way to work, shopping, etc. Having recently enjoyed nearby Battlefield Park, today's was a spur-of-the-moment visit. I learned so much from the exhibits here than I previously knew (about the local conflict) and was so glad I came. Great artifacts among the displays which were very well done. The Visitors Center is a well-preserved two story 19th century house and the staircase to second floor is relatively narrow, so unlike the modern construction of today. The volunteers on site were friendly and helpful. Civil War buffs will want to put this stop on their list. Though not a great CW buff myself, I waited too long to visit this historic gem in my own county.

2  Thank Xface43
Reviewed 26 September 2016

It was not as big as i thought it would be but it was well done. The greater was very friendly and made jokes about our Tennessee attar. There was a moving battle board that explained the battle it rely was good. The boards outside had a lot of information on what went on.