“The best option around Richmond”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Houston, TX
“The best option around Richmond”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

During my last trip to Richmond, I stayed in a budget hotel just down the highway from the Holiday Inn - to say I made a mistake back then would be an understatement.

When I arrived, I was greeted warmly by the front desk agent. Check in was quick and professional. Additionally, the agent was dressed very nicely in a Holiday Inn uniform. Very professional.

The hotel appears in new condition. The room was spacious and the accomodations were modern. There is an indoor pool and video games for kids. Internet is free. Additionally, the hotel is literally across the street from the mall which has many dining options (although mostly chains). I was there on a business trip.

I would recommned this hotel strongly to people from my company in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WKHouston
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Dear WKHouston,

Glad to hear that your business brought you back to Richmond, KY and that you chose to stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear that you liked our renovations! This is something that we have been doing in phases for the last year and are finally in the final phase. The staff and I are extremely proud of how wonderfully everything has come together and we can't wait for our guests to see the final product.
The mall across the street is a wonderful addition to our town, but you are correct that it has primarily chain restaurants. The next time you are in town please see us for some wonderful local, non-chain, dining options. I know when I travel I always enjoy exploring non-chain dining options.

Look forward to your next visit,
Sima Maggan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed here enroute to Alabama in October 2011. The staff was friendly and helpful, the price was right, the room was neat and clean, and the location was an easy off and back on to I-75. Would definitely stay here again. The hotel was quiet, the bed was comfy, and the wireless internet was pretty fast. I didn't use the restaurant (if there was one - I was so tired that all I wanted was to hit the sack !), so I didn't rate it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank RebeccaS14176
Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Richmond, KY. We know that guests have numerous options when it comes to lodging and we appreciate your decision to stay with us. I know that traveling can be stressful and I am glad that we were able to provide you a quiet and comfy stay to help along your trip to Alabama. Hopefully you had a chance to enjoy our Express Start Breakfast before starting the next leg of your journey. We look forward to seeing you in the future should your travel plans bring you our way.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I recently attended a conference and the Holiday Inn Express Richmond was the designated hotel for our event, so I didn't really shop around for other options. I was very happy here. On most of my business trips, *something* breaks or fails, but everything went smoothly during my stay here. There was reliable Internet access in our rooms (I worked quite a bit during the trip), a good business center with a well-functioning printer, plenty of (included) continental breakfast items, and helpful and friendly staff. With the hotel playing host to several groups, there were lots of people staying up late and socializing, but once I got into my room, I was undisturbed by the noise of the hallway or neighbors. My room was spacious and comfortable. The staff accomodated my request for a late checkout. Parking was safe and convenient. Finally, I made a stop at the fitness center, which was clean and fully-functioning. If I were returning to this area, I would definitely stay here again. One other thing - the hotel is very close to shopping, dining, and significant roads/highways, which is another advantage.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank time2getaway
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am glad that we were able to make your visit to the area easier. We look forward to your future visit!
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Richmond for one night on October 7th. It was a horrible experience. The air system in the room pulled in cigarette smoke from another room (staff at the front desk guessed it was from the room upstairs when we complained) and the smell was unbearable by morning. My husband woke up in the middle of the night trying to get his breath.

As always, Holiday Inn staff members smiled and said they were sorry but did not have the desire or skills to resolve the issue. A simple room change would have been appreciated.

The Holiday Inn chain just can't seem to move with the times. This is the second time in a month that a stay at a Holiday Inn has been miserable. Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden Inn seem to be much more customer oriented, cleaner, and more comfortable.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wombat21
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received at our hotel. Unfortunately we had a full house and were unable to do a room move to alleviate the discomfort you encountered. We have since corrected the ventilation issue that you encountered during your stay. We value your business and sincerely appreciate your feedback. Honest feedback from our valued guests is what helps us to become a better hotel and serve our guests with complete satisfaction. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly should you call the hotel.

Mableton, Georgia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here after a UK football game. The drive to Lexington was quick and easy. This exit had a good number of hotels, shops, and restaurants. Hotel had a nice bathroom and clean room. We didn't try the continental breakfast but it looked decent. We would stay here again. Also appreciated that we could check in early.

• Stayed September 2011