“Horrible!!!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Lexington, Kentucky
“Horrible!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Richmond for one night on October 7th. It was a horrible experience. The air system in the room pulled in cigarette smoke from another room (staff at the front desk guessed it was from the room upstairs when we complained) and the smell was unbearable by morning. My husband woke up in the middle of the night trying to get his breath.

As always, Holiday Inn staff members smiled and said they were sorry but did not have the desire or skills to resolve the issue. A simple room change would have been appreciated.

The Holiday Inn chain just can't seem to move with the times. This is the second time in a month that a stay at a Holiday Inn has been miserable. Hyatt Place and Hilton Garden Inn seem to be much more customer oriented, cleaner, and more comfortable.

Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wombat21
Sima M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond, responded to this review, 29 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for the unsatisfactory service you received at our hotel. Unfortunately we had a full house and were unable to do a room move to alleviate the discomfort you encountered. We have since corrected the ventilation issue that you encountered during your stay. We value your business and sincerely appreciate your feedback. Honest feedback from our valued guests is what helps us to become a better hotel and serve our guests with complete satisfaction. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly should you call the hotel.

Sima Maggan
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mableton, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here after a UK football game. The drive to Lexington was quick and easy. This exit had a good number of hotels, shops, and restaurants. Hotel had a nice bathroom and clean room. We didn't try the continental breakfast but it looked decent. We would stay here again. Also appreciated that we could check in early.

• Stayed September 2011
Middle Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

I needed a hotel at Richmond for six nights as i attended a conference at neary Eastern Kentucky University. There were several good choices close to each other, but I chose the Holiday Inn Express since it is my default choice when traveling. This hotel lived up to my expectations, as they generally do.

My checkin was good, the staff friendly. Indeed as I went through the week, I met many of the front desk staff at all hours, they were all friendly and courteous. The room was a queen double, large and spacious. The hotel was quiet, close to the interstate, but not too close. I never had a problem with highway noise.
Breakfast was the standard Holiday Inn Express selection, great sweet rolls, eggs, sausage or bacon, biscuits w/gravy, several choices of cereal, bread slices.
With this room I had a choice of free wifi or cable for my computer. I found the highspeed excellent.
I am glad of my choice, happy to do it again if I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Norwood, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Me, my husband and son stayed at this Holiday Inn Express during a college visit back in the spring. There are several hotels in the area, just off I-75. I don't think I've stayed at a Holiday Inn in years. I picked it because of the location, amenities and price. I really wanted to stay at the near by Hampton Inn, but there were no rooms available. I'm glad now because this Holiday was very nice and I couldn't imagine the Hampton being any better. They were going through some major remodeling so the hotel looked great. I signed up for the Priority Club, which the hotel clerk knew this and gave me a little bag of goodies during check-in. Also, I was quoted a price of $109 online, but the woman said "You want the AARP discount, right?" and winked. So I got $10 off even though I didn't really qualify. I appreciated that. The room was comfortable and the morning free breakfast was great. Loved the cinnamon rolls! The area they served the breakfast was very nice and cozy with a flatscreen TV & fireplace. We did use the workout room so we could get our daily walk. I was extremely happy with my choice and would stay there again. I probably will try Holiday Inn Express whenever a need a place to stay overnight.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed here for one night while travelling south on the I-75. Excellent service at the front desk on check-in. Got a very competitive rate and great value for the money. Hotel is very clean, room was large and well-appointed. Bathroom was very clean, good lighting. Complimentary breakfast was decent, good choices. I will definitely stay in this hotel again on my next trip through.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family