US$ 139
US$ 120
Hampton.com
Best Western Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
US$ 86
US$ 76
US$ 112
US$ 104
HIExpress.com
La Quinta Inn Richmond(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$ 83
US$ 162
US$ 61
US$ 78
US$ 66
Travelocity
Red Roof Inn Richmond, KY(Richmond)(Great Value!)
US$ 80
US$ 76
Red Roof
US$ 120
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 139/night.

Quality Inn(Richmond)
US$ 92
US$ 87
All reviewsmeadow roomboth morningsgreat weekendgoatspastureconniehostsseriesconferencecataccommodationsdogsproperty
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My girlfriend went to Berea for a daylong conference and we decided to turn it into a weekend. I'm more familiar with grand city hotels, but she suggested a B&B, and I found the Blue Heron online.

We drove in on Friday afternoon and met Connie and Liz, who couldn't have been more gracious, hospitable, or knowledgeable about the area. The home itself is a gorgeous steamboat Gothic edifice overlooking a series of fenced goat pastures and a strip of woods separating the pastures from a wide creek. There's a wonderful front porch, and rooms full of books that brought back memories of my great-grandmother's farmhouse north of Cincinnati. We stayed in the Meadow Room, which was big and sunny, with a paddle fan spinning overhead and a surprisingly big jacuzzi in the bathroom.

Breakfast both mornings was great, and there were desserts waiting for us in the sunroom when we got back at the end of the day. Lucy the cat proved to be quite curious about everything she saw, and we absolutely loved feeding the younger goats in the barn on Sunday morning before we left.

Our experience at the Blue Heron has me looking forward to exploring more of these types of places. Treat yourself; you'll be happy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Looking for a place to stay as we move towards Tennessee I located Blue Heron online. I have to say both the breakfast and the evening snacks are delicious. You must meet Lucy (the cat), Libby and Susie (the Great Pyrenees dogs) and feed the twenty goats out in their pasture. Probably the quietest, bestest sleep I've had in a while.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I met my sister and her husband here, and shared "The Heron's Nest"--a suite with a king bed and a double bed. Connie was a great hostess who went the extra mile to ensure our comfort. The goats are amusing--I even got to hold the littlest one. There was a creek to hike by. We stayed two nights and both breakfasts were memorable for presentation as well as taste.this is a great place for a group retreat, or just a quiet getaway.

Room Tip: The Heron's Nest is a large open room in a separate building from the main house. It has two beds, as well as full kitchenette. It's great for close fellowship, not so great if you want privacy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Conniethemagni
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at the Blue Heron in June 2012. It was the most amazing place! My kids were able to run around the property. We took walks to the then empty creek bed, caught crayfish, and explored the property. The owner was very kind and child friendly! We were allowed to feed the goats and pet the dogs. The sunset and the sky were so peaceful that night on the balcony.

We stayed in the apartment part of the home above the garage. It was newly remodeled, plenty of room for the kids to get exhausted, watch a movie, and relax. The owner delivered us fresh fruit, milk/oj, and breakfast. She is very kind and I loved the family friendly atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone and my kids constantly want to go back! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lmphotos
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Heron for four nights in March with two college students while attending an academic conference at Eastern Kentucky University. After our host, Connie, led us to campus the first day, we found the trip to the conference an easy drive. The setting was lovely, and we enjoyed watching and conversing with the goats and dogs in the pasture. On the day the weather warmed up, one of the students spent the day bird-watching on the property, which includes wooded walks along a stream. We picnicked beside the stream on our last evening.
The accommodations were clean, comfortable and cheerful. The students stayed in the suite, which gave us a good workspace in the evenings. Best of all, our hosts were friendly, helpful, and interesting. They helped us look after the students--even taking dinner out to the one who stayed home to birdwatch. I hope to return to this B & B for a reunion of old friends sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Room Tip: The suite offers comfortable, private living space for an extended stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business