All reviews meadow room both mornings great weekend goats pasture connie hosts conference cat accommodations dogs property breakfast
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at the Blue Heron in June 2012. It was the most amazing place! My kids were able to run around the property. We took walks to the then empty creek bed, caught crayfish, and explored the property. The owner was very kind and child friendly! We were allowed to feed the goats and pet the dogs. The sunset and the sky were so peaceful that night on the balcony.

We stayed in the apartment part of the home above the garage. It was newly remodeled, plenty of room for the kids to get exhausted, watch a movie, and relax. The owner delivered us fresh fruit, milk/oj, and breakfast. She is very kind and I loved the family friendly atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone and my kids constantly want to go back! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lmphotos
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Heron for four nights in March with two college students while attending an academic conference at Eastern Kentucky University. After our host, Connie, led us to campus the first day, we found the trip to the conference an easy drive. The setting was lovely, and we enjoyed watching and conversing with the goats and dogs in the pasture. On the day the weather warmed up, one of the students spent the day bird-watching on the property, which includes wooded walks along a stream. We picnicked beside the stream on our last evening.
The accommodations were clean, comfortable and cheerful. The students stayed in the suite, which gave us a good workspace in the evenings. Best of all, our hosts were friendly, helpful, and interesting. They helped us look after the students--even taking dinner out to the one who stayed home to birdwatch. I hope to return to this B & B for a reunion of old friends sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Room Tip: The suite offers comfortable, private living space for an extended stay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Heron in June for a 2 night getaway. It is a beautiful property. There is a waterfall and a water cascade located on the property, several hiking trails are availale for use as well. Breakfast was great- bacon, fritatta, french toast caserole, etc. While there, we visited Natural Bridge State Park, (about 45 mins away), Berea College and Tater Knob pottery shop. We would recommend all 3 experiences. The owners were fiendly and helpful- they even let my hubby wash some of his laundry while we were staying there. There is no wireless internet available and no TV in the Meadow Room where we stayed. We read books. The room also has a big jacuzzi tub for 2. Overall, we had a great experience at the Blue Heron B&B, and would love to return at some time.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lilabners5
Reviewed 12 October 2010

My daughter and I stayed at Blue Heron B&B while attending the World Equestrian Games in Lexington. Our suite was spacious and comfortable with a lovely view of the little valley, barn, and goats grazing in the paddocks. Breakfast was a treat every morning and our hosts could not have been more gracious and accommodating. Our time was limited, but we did enjoy walking along the creek and watching the "kids" in the pasture. It is a great place to relax yet convenient to Lexington and other local points of interest.

• Stayed: October 2010