“great place awesome staff”
Review of Renfro Valley KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Renfro Valley
Renfro Valley KOA
Reviewed 16 January 2017

Me and my family stayed at koa 3 nights on Halloween weekend . What could have been a disaster was saved by the staff. Somehow om the way in wind ripped half the door of my camper. I figured I would be heading home no way my wife would have stayed with half a door thanks to staff who gave me some sheets of Styrofoam and a roll of gorilla tape iwas able to temporarily patch the door. Renfro valley koa is a great place to stay and I would recomend it to anyone go several times a year.

Room Tip: Any site is good
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Renfro Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

We're very glad that our amazing staff was able to turn that unfortunate situation around and that your family was able to have another great stay. It's always a pleasure to see you all and we look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The restrooms and showers are nice and very clean. Just a suggestion if camping in a motor home drive thru and choose a site with grass . Because if not it can become very dusty in and around the motor home. They have a nice store. Full hook up is 1.80 more That's with sewer hookup. 50 amp , get a Koa rewards card and save additional. Nice quiet park.

Room Tip: Drive thru and pick out a site with grass, not dusty...
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank workalittle
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Renfro Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thank you for camping with us! We're happy you enjoyed our camp store, facilities, and our peaceful grounds. We appreciate your kind review, and hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Passed through while traveling to TN. A small KOA, but right off the highway.

THE GOOD:

1) Friendly staff
2) Clean bath house
3) Nice pet park and jumping pillow

THE BAD:

1) Uneven sites- some paved, some gravel on entire campus
2) Landscaping could use some TLC- spotty grass, not many plants, etc.
3) Cold, small pool

Overall, a decent place to stop for one night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Brian S, Guest Relations Manager at Renfro Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, and for staying with us during your recent visit to the area. We definitely appreciate you mentioning both the positives and the negatives during your trip, as we always want to hear from our guests. We are located in an area of Kentucky known for its mountains and hills, and we constantly work hard to make sure our campsites are as level as possible. We'll pass along your concerns regarding the landscaping and do hope you will come back to see us again.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

What a cute campground! The weekends offer so much to do for everyone. We had a lot of fun here and relaxed too. Ample shade at our sites (buddy sites), peaceful, convenient, pool, mini golf...

Golf was inexpensive, ice cream social was $1, and breakfast in the barn was very good!

I can't think of a better way to spend Father's Day weekend.

I would suggest that candy bar bingo go a little longer though ;)

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Renfro Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you for spending Father's Day weekend with us! We are so glad that you had a wonderful time here. We will pass along your suggestion to our management team. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I stopped for one night , while traveling from SC to IN. I arrived late at night. They had pinned my reservation information to the board, but I didn't see it and called the number. The man who answered was very nice and helpful, even thought I was calling late. I got into my site easily , in the dark and hooked up. The next morning it was peaceful. The rooster was crowing and you could see the mountians. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
CamperSupport, Guest Relations Manager at Renfro Valley KOA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

We wish you could have stayed longer too, Diana! Maybe next time! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to find your reservation and get into your campsite without a problem. Thank you for your great review!

Been to Renfro Valley KOA? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK