All reviews mountain arts center great hotel staff was friendly place to stay accommodations
Reviewed 25 October 2017

The manager is very rude, I believe her name is dawn slone. She was very mean when I had asked her for just ONE extra towel. she looked at me like I was just annoying her and disturbing her while she text on her phone. we will always got up for breakfast the next morning and over heard her talking down to one of the housekeepers, and also over heard her mumbling back to the front desk, that she hate her job and people. I would rather just pay the extra $50 to stay in the hotel in front of them. She gives that place such a bad feeling. I would't let my worse enemy stay there.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We recently spent one night here at the Prestonsburg location while in town for a concert at the East Ky Expo Center. We were unable to find a room in Pikeville, but this room in Prestonsburg worked out just fine. The hotel was clean, front desk and cleaning staff friendly, and a continental breakfast was provided. Breakfast included eggs, bacon, diced potatoes, toast, oatmeal, muffins and pastries. Checkout wasn't until 12 so we were able to take our time leaving on checkout day. We booked a single room, I believe the bed was a full which was smaller than I had expected but was fine. The only thing I would change would be more comfortable pillows. If we are back in the area in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, I would bring my own pillow though. There's shopping and restaurants nearby and the Mountain Arts Center is very close by, same parking lot.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2017

My wife and I drove from Lancaster, Ohio, on 02/18/17 to Prestonsburg so that we could see Bill Ingvall at the Mountain Arts Center, and, having stayed at the Brookshire in September to see Railroad Earth at the Center, we knew we want to stay there every time we come to Prestonsburg.

The hotel is scrupulously clean and was recently renovated. And, as it was before, the king-sized bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and that includes four-star hotels.

What makes all of this even more impressive is that the price is extraordinarily reasonable.

I urge all Trippers to stay here. I'm sure you'll love it, too.

Room Tip: I think they are all great.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I stayed at the Brookshire Inn for 11 days. The staff was wonderful and really gave excellent service. The breakfast in the morning was fresh and hot and very good. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Linda and Kami the housekeepers were so sweet and nice. I will stay at this hotel when I am traveling in the future.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2016

On Fri 23 Sept 16, my wife and I drove to Prestonburg, Ky., to see Railroad Earth perform at the Mountain Arts Center (see my separate review for that incredible venue), and we decided to stay at the Brookshire Inn because other Trippers rated it highly and because it is only 200 yards away from the Center. We are extremely glad we stayed there.

The room was scrupulously clean, and the king bed was one of the best on which I've ever slept. Additionally, the TV had a great picture, and the channel selection was vast. (By the way, I thought that it was a newer hotel; it is that well maintained.)

No, the hotel doesn't have a pool as far as I know, and the complimentary breakfast was more continental instead of a buffet, but that's okay with us because, when my wife and I travel, we don't go somewhere to spend our vacation time in the hotel. We go to the hotel to sleep, and we spend the rest of the time enjoying the location.

Looking for an extremely clean and comfortable place to sleep? This is it.

Stayed: September 2016
DawnSlone85, Manager at Brookshire Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Cant wait to see you again
Thanks